More gas taxes coming soon

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fishnfreak, Jun 22, 2019.

1. geofish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,907
    I was.....I couldn’t figure out why the dang line was so long......I had one tick of gas and I needed a fill.....I was 15 cars back from the corner on Friars....it was the worst I’ve ever seen.....

Yup. I was cattle yesterday! LOL

2. old_rookie

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,949
    There's a line there just about every day going up to Friars and around the corner - but I don't know how far back it goes each day. I work near there and walk by it almost every day. A few months ago I noticed there were no cars in line along that short road, by McDs - then I noticed some cars and a few police officers going car to car. Not sure what that was about, but the next day the cars were back in line again.

3. old_rookie

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,949
    I don't get it.

4. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,261
    Name:
    Larry M
    Me either. LOL

5. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,542
    That was SDPD policy of providing courtesy notifications regarding the new ALL STOP/NO RIGHT TURN LIGHT that's been added to the street light arm on EB Friars at Northside Dr. That's the new SD way, you know... cut everyone a bunch of slack, then hold no one accountable after that.

SDPD doesn't have the manpower to assign a traffic unit to sit at McDonalds every day and pull the offenders over en masse. With the way everyone is ignoring that new light, there's no way any officer of group of officers could get the citations written fast enough. The light installation itself was in response to all of those westbound idiots.. errr...cars that would always get caught hanging out in the middle of Friars as they tried to beat the red light arrow. I loved getting right into the doors of those cars and lay on the horn when the light turned green for me - and I'd keep it on until there was room for them to move forward and for me to proceed through the (now yellow) light. No better way to see what it looks like first-hand when someone is doing their best to pretend you don't exist. "If I don't look at him, he wont see me !":emoji_joy::emoji_joy:

6. salt water guy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,407
    Boat:
    Montauk
    So where's "home" now? Just curious...

7. old_rookie

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,949
    Not saying those turning left on WB Friars trying to get in to Costco are correct for doing that - they probably see it like this - left arrow turns green - but can't go because there are cars from EB Friars turning into that lane - if they wait for it to open (which won't happen until Costco closes), the light will turn yellow/red before that happens - then people behind will lay on the horn - so they go - and get stuck - then those on EB Friars are blocked. Technically they should stay at the left arrow until it is clear to proceed so that they don't block the intersection and impede traffic. Probably sit there for hours until Costco closes, then they can go

I noticed the light pattern has changed. In the morning there's almost no EB traffic on Friars - but we have the red turn arrow and need to stare down an almost empty three lane road.

8. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,542
    I'm sure they DO see it like that. I'm also pretty convinced that alot of them have that skreww everybody attitude though, and could give two turds about anyone that has to sit and wait for them to clear the lanes. Everyone is human, and so are the people that knowingly and willingly block the intersection. Its all about meeee.. and my time is precious !! I want innnn !!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. chris cox

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +365
    On my way to st louis, but right now im in amarillo, texas. Really like it here so who knows where ill end up.

10. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +17,424
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Did ya get there by mornin'?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. 12incher

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +535
    The permanent fix to the 52 dips would require a low bridge with piles that penetrate solid material. The cost would be hundred of millions of dollars.The current road is over unsound material, landfill. So yeah, the current strategy works, is inexpensive, and logical until funds are found.

And there are no state geologists are going out of their minds.

Those are facts, not your speculation.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  12. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +17,424
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Not to mention fun to drive on! My kids always enjoyed it! Whoop-tee-doo freeway!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. old_rookie

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,949
    There were a group of kids who went way too fast on those bumps a few years back and paid the ultimate price.

14. jus bigguns

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +605
    Boat:
    Nitro
    Your not Unemployed, Your happily retired. Happy 4th larry!

15. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,261
    Name:
    Larry M
    Happy 4th to you also.
    I just like to say that I'm unemployed. LOL

16. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,261
    Name:
    Larry M
    Went to Costco just now in San Marcos no line pulled right in. $3.35 per gal.

17. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,542
    Ouch ! You gotta warn me that you're inbound.. give me time to lube-up for you or something. Cant I simply say a few funny things just for fun because they're simply funny sounding?

18. 12incher

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +535
    I have many friends who work at CT, they are smart and dedicated public servants, so I gotta short fuse when they get tossed under the bus; my bad for being direct and short.

I owe you some KY and a reach around.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,542
    I love it. You're forgiven. I understand though.. anyone starts wrongfully going off on LE and I'll jump on board right away.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. AzImport

AzImport Living Customs Violation
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,379
    Funny thing I noticed... The station I get gas at in Santee (right on Mission Gorge and Carlton Hills, everyone sees it).... They didn't bump their price up a single cent when the tax increase hit. They simply skipped lowering their price this week. 3.39 isn't too shabby given that the best I can get near my home is a good .25 more per gallon.