My Best Worst Day On The Water

Discussion in 'Float Tubing' started by Creek, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,015
    The short of it is, I went to Spanish.. on a Sunday morning.. nearing a slack tide.. right along with a throng of other water enthusiasts.

Took 13 fish pretty much within the first 45 minutes.. then it all just stopped. For the next 45-60 mins, it was dead as a doornail for me. Probably the slack tide. I was just beginning to wonder what I was thinking going out on a weekend morning, then I saw this and it made all of my negative thoughts go away..

Trump.jpg

As a side note, I saw CaptWoody dragging flies with a couple of his buddies. That was good, too. So my day was 13 Spotties, one good friend sighting and one GREAT flag flying off the stern of boat owned by an obviously intelligent human being.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  2. geofish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,395
    Proudly but in good taste. The American flag always does it for me....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,015
    Yep. Anyone proudly flying the US flag is aces in my book.. and that pretty sky blue one only sweetened the deal for me.

4. captwoody

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,674
    Name:
    Woody
    Boat:
    19ft Kencraft
    Nice seeing you creek once I got along the boats started nailing them ended up with 15 dincs but they fight light heck on the one weight. Both my buddies got 4 and their first saltwater fly fish. Ryan got a big one 14.5" spottie

5. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,015
    Good job !! After 45 mins of pure nothing, I decided to kick back to the sand. Couldn't take it anymore. When I got out, four kayaks were launching - all with newbie kayakers.. two paddle boarders with inflatable boards were launching .. four or five people getting out of the water - they had been swimming back and forth along the rocks.. a herd of people just walking around looking at whatever, and a pair of dudes getting their bait rods ready at their car. I bailed at just the right time.