Need Fishing Partners - Get on the list

Discussion in 'Private Boaters and General Saltwater' started by Bradleybones, May 23, 2022.

1. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +26,247
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    I know what TJ is...where is this TJ port you speak of ?

2. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,933
    Boat:
    It floats
    Look into the Discover Baja travel club for all your documents. Process is easy and Maythé at the office is awesome to deal with.

Home - Discover Baja Travel Club

3. falafeluver

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +274
    I was being facetious, their Navy guys are based in Ensenada much like the concrete Ritz.

4. Graydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,149
    Boat:
    Freedom Boat Club
    Also its been a little while since I have done an FMM but I think it works out to be about 30ish bucks per person, not total. Also you email the documents to them and are supposed to wait for approval back but I don't think anyone really does. I have filed sometimes and gotten an approval, other times I never heard back at all. Just make sure you bring the paperwork and receipts.

also if it hasn't been mentioned you need to get your Temporary Import Permit (TIP) for the boat as well.

5. B8DHOOK

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,383
    Some good information on this thread. My buddy and I fish the islands quite a bit. Heading down there tomorrow as a matter of fact.. I would like to hear from someone, or if someone knows someone, that has been boarded down there and did NOT have all the required documentation. What happened, and how did things go down ? We all hear rumors of possible outcomes, but have yet to hear from someone that had the actual experience with that. Always on the back of my mind..

6. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,933
    Boat:
    It floats
    I think there has been a couple examples made, I remember hearing of one boat getting boarded and taken to Ensenada and locked to the dock. Don’t have any links but it wasn’t just a rumor. I also know guys who still go with out any of the required paper work and have never been caught-More common off shore outside the boundaries. I’ve only been inspected one time in my life down there.

We were anchored inside the South Island on a 140’ mother ship for 3 weeks doing an import that was part of buying a vessel outside the US. Never got bordered once lol
    The schools of yellows that stayed under our boat was impressive.

7. Fins in the Bin

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,702
    Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    Perfect rule book, that should be on everyone's list. Your better than me, I just fish alone so I wouldn't have to write one, LOL
    However I do owe a couple people a trip or 2 on this board