Need lots of mulch, delivered. Know anyone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by agrazela, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agrazela

agrazela Unstable Subgenius
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,107
    Name:
    Andrew
    Boat:
    SeaHunt172CC Opti125
    I’m looking for shredded bark type mulch. Lots of it. Ultimately about 40 cubic yards.

I could drive my pickup back and forth to Miramar 20 or 30 times and have the $12 a yard stuff loaded in my bed. But I’d really rather have it delivered, like 10 cubic yards at a time.

The places advertising on Craigslist are all asking $55-60 a yard for the half-decent shredded mulch, $70-75 for the good stuff. That’s ridiculous. I’m looking to pay about half those prices for delivered.

Anyone got a cheap mulch hookup?

Or an open-bed truck that’d hold 10 cubic yards of Miramar mulch at a time and wants $120 a trip beyond the mulch cost? (delivered to San Carlos neighborhood, near Gage Elementary; 12’ wide gate and dump in side yard)

#1 agrazela, Apr 22, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  2. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +39,679
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    OK.. If you just want junk mulch, call your local tree services and municipalities (call em all) . Tell them you aren't picky, just need mulch that would normally go to the landfill. Perfect way to get 80 percent of what you need. Dress the top with something more decorative/better grade, and you are good