Need tips for lake murray

Discussion in 'Bass' started by Mark Henzie, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Mark Henzie

Mark Henzie Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Name:
    Mark
    i’m going to lake murray with my cousin devin and we are going in kayaks and i’m wondering what we could use to catch bass. I heard drop shots are good there if you have any suggestions would be helpful

2. MrChatterBait

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +531
    Call 1-800-VINNY.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Werfless

Werfless The Coach ..RIP my friends
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +51,484
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Be ready to grind. Best of luck to you

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. Tony Vegas

Tony Vegas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +250
    Name:
    Tony Vegas
    I was just there yesterday and tubed it from about 6:30 am to 11:30. Grind was right. I hooked one fish and dragged him across the water top only for him to shake right next to my tube. I used topwater early with the low light parallel to the tulle lines. It got hot quick once the sun was up. I was able to stay cooler for a while tho with the water temps starting to slightly drop. I heard activity back in the tullies and shouldve had a punching rig set up to get at those fish. Hook up came on a drop shot dragged parallel to the tulle lines. Good luck brotha

Edit I also threw spinners out there to no luck either. I also forgot that I hooked up on a decent sized one on a ned rig that i was throwing around next to some tulles as well too. Was a decent fish but was able to throw the hook due to me not feeling the bite. I popped up on the rod and felt the tension. Mustve taken the bait out some and not had a good hook up. Bait used was a 10K fish Sukoshi Bug. Nice floating ned bait.

#4 Tony Vegas, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  5. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +15,345
    My 2 cents:
    Margarita Mutilators on a drop shot rig (or a purple colored worm works too).
    A pumpkin colored or watermelon colored senko are good choices if you free line them(no weights).
    A square bill or crank bait sometimes does the trick also because bass sometimes may be chasing shad
    in the area where you may be fishing..
    I would concentrate working plastics along the tulles or tossing them into the tulles and working deep off some of the points. It has been tough, but some days the bite is better than others. Hope it is good for you. Tight lines. :)

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Rawdeezy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +471
    Last time I went, my buddy got a good handful on duo realis spy baits