New Malones,Berryessa and clear lake

Discussion in 'Bass' started by Shawn5, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Shawn5

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +213
    Hey everyone I'm going on a trip starting in the Easter Sierra's and then driving to New Malones,Berryessa,and Clear lake also a slight chance of going to New Bullards Bar I will be fishing from a kayak on these lakes so any info on launching and techniques would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

2. Linebig

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +13,088
    Boat:
    Stratos 185XL Pro
    Jigs at Clear lake do very well. 3/8 brown jigs

3. goonst

goonst Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75
    FLW just finished up a Pro tourney at Clear Lake so there are a lot of really good details of current conditions on their website.

4. Johnny A

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +103
    Jigs, swimbaits, and any moving baits you want at clear lake. The bites been a little off there but you can still get numbers. Another member just fished a tournament there so i would ask him about what part of the lake would be best right now. At Berry me and my buddy usually launch at Markley cove. Being on a kayak will limit where you can fish but if you launch at Markley you can fish a good portion of the lower lake which in itself is probably bigger then some SD lakes. I havnt fished it recently but i've always done decent on squarebills, 5xds, drop shot roboworms, underspins, and jigs. I've never fished new melones but I have a friend that I can probably talk to about the lake. i'll ask around more and see if i cant dial you in on something

5. Vito1023

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,141
    I haven't fished Berryessa in 30 years but my wife and I did well right in front of the cabin we rented and just walked down 100 feet and caught fish right there, we also caught fished where the river is at the east side, I hope you do well.

#5 Vito1023, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  6. Shawn5

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +213
    Thanks everyone for the response I'm so pumped I've never been a trip where I can basically fish almost every day and for bass and trout this is definitely going to be amazing

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Shawn5

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +213
    Im so bummed I had to return early from my trip do to work and just fished in the sierra's for 2 day's I'll post in the fly fishing forum thanks everyone for the information