New Seaforth Twlight Trips

Discussion in 'Private Boaters and General Saltwater' started by Shyazn8boi, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Shyazn8boi

Shyazn8boi New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I had checked New Seaforth's homepage for some new NEWS and I found there are!

Twilight Trips Beginning April 1st, we will start running Twilight Trips to the kelp beds Thursday through Saturday evenings. The trips will run from 6:00pm to 10:30pm, and will cost $34 for an adult and $26.00 for Juniors and Seniors.

I wonder what they will catch on their first trip tomorrow night.. Hopefully its some decent catch for myself and my friend to go on New Seaforth this upcoming Saturday.

Hopefully some deep or mid depth barracudas are showing up..

Let me know if anyone going on the twlight trip!

2. creature619

creature619 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool I will see ya there..Randy

3. KenT

KenT Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey Shyazn8boi, post a report after please. It sounds like a pretty cheap and decent trip to take instead of the 3/4 day Coronado. I can do two of those instead of just one of a 3/4 day.

The fish count these boats posted...is it only based on the fish that were kept? It seems like from your previous trips that they don't count all the fish that were caught since some were released.

If I catch a short fish, can I still reel it up to take a picture of it? They would all be new species to me and I'd like to keep a record of everything I caught (if any).

I'll likely rent a rod/reel from them...but do you also bring a lighter action rod/reel of your own? If so, can you give me some specifics?

Thanks! See you in 11 days? Are we still a go?

4. Shyazn8boi

Shyazn8boi New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey Shyazn8boi, post a report after please. It sounds like a pretty cheap and decent trip to take instead of the 3/4 day Coronado. I can do two of those instead of just one of a 3/4 day.

Its cheap if you have a military discount and only cost $26.00..
    If you dont then its $32.00 I think.

The fish count these boats posted...is it only based on the fish that were kept? It seems like from your previous trips that they don't count all the fish that were caught since some were released.

Its only based on the boat counts what that is kept.

If I catch a short fish, can I still reel it up to take a picture of it? They would all be new species to me and I'd like to keep a record of everything I caught (if any).

You can reel it up and take a picture of it.

I'll likely rent a rod/reel from them...but do you also bring a lighter action rod/reel of your own? If so, can you give me some specifics?

I bring a lighter action such as 10-20 line ratings and 12-25.
    For heavy actions such as 30-60 and 40-60 line ratings.

You'll be fine with a 12-25 line rating unless big fish are biting, such as lingcod or barracudas. Then I would step it up around the 30-60 line rating.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like an ad :blink: