!!!NEW STATE RECORD!!!

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by Anonymous, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  2. Oolie

Oolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +12
    need pics now!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  4. Oolie

Oolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +12
    OMFG

!!!!!!

who cares that he kept it, i'm amazed he landed it.

5. dilatedppls

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +919
    12lb test??!??!....... 113lbs??? how is that seriously possiable?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    well he was using berkley big game... lol

7. Catdaddy

Catdaddy Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good going I was just about to email my buddy Russ and ask him when he wanted to hit the lake up...You guys should really lay off people who take fish home, its their right to, just as much its your right to CPR them.

8. Garrett

SDFish VIP Site Sponsor

Ratings:
    +0
    Congrads on that toad...

9. cassidyta

cassidyta Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23
    I have to agree with CatDaddy on his keeping it take. I always catch and release Bass because I don't like how they taste, but when it comes to Cats, I will keep one or two and it is fish and beer time at my place.
    Congrats to the guy who landed it. I don't know that I could have done it with #30 test.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You guys should really lay off people who take fish home, its their right to...

i am not layin into anyone for keepin the fish. just terrible lookin at the fish layin dead as a door nail on the deck KNOWING the fish is older than i am, and i am 22. its their right to keep the fish? well i'll be damned... had no idea... :unsure: how good could a 20 year old catfish taste? as much money as it cost to gear up drive + permits + boat rental. those guys could have caught some fresh catfish from the store... haha. I could see half the fish ending up in someones trash can anyhow.

11. bassplayerboy3

bassplayerboy3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    BAHHH!!!....

that catfish is as big as him.. if not bigger

12. MaxZmus

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,393
    I know his son, I won't stop giving him a hard time about keeping the fish. :p It sucks that he kept this fish especially since he knows better that larger fish taste like crap. He's also caught and kept countless LMB in the teens. :woohoo:

13. bcfish08

bcfish08 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm usually all about catch-and-release but that's because I despise any kind of fish/seafood. But, if I had a record fish, there's no way I'm releasing it unless it was a huge blue or black marlin or something, but not a catfish.

14. Hot Rod

Hot Rod New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    you got to release that. but at the same time it is his right to keep it. thats dinner for a couple of weeks. never had fish that big to eat so i cant tell you how it taste.

15. Oolie

Oolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +12
    :unsure:

must be cooking them wrong.

16. Redeye13

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22
    Name:
    Ray
    Boat:
    Marlin Kokanee WA 23
    And thats why I use 10-15 Lb test for cats, use the drag and you can pull anything up. Thats one big catfish! San V is the place for big blues. Its closing soon, so keeping fish wont do much damage to the lakes population of blues.

17. Oolie

Oolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +12
    about as good as a 60 year old calico bass.

blue cats don't get nasty like channels do.

18. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats a nice one. Theres bigger ones in there though. I am sure there is a 120 plus in there compatible with the world record. I am sure there a few in Otay as well.

19. paulfishes

paulfishes Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    113 pounds of catfish? So about 80 lbs of meat. A half pound per serving, 160 meals of yummy catfish! Every other day of catfish eating heaven.

My guess is it goes in the trash.

Id like to mount a trophy fish, but is there an uglier fish swimming in our lakes?

According to John Lundberg, researcher with the All Catfish Species Inventory, 2,800 species of catfish have already been described and an additional 1,500 species may yet be discovered. "One out of every four freshwater fish, one out of ten fishes, and one out of twenty vertebrates is a catfish." Catfish are found on every continent except Antarctica and in fresh, coastal, and marine waters. They are perhaps the most ecologically and economically important group of fish in the world.

In Laos they use dynomite to blow up these giant catfish. I think the record is 646 pounds. With dynomite and a new dam, the catfish are close to gone. None have been seen since April 8th when some laotion kids nabbed a lunker floater.

Awsome catch. I guess thats the biggest freshwater fish in San Diego now. Maybe California if you dont count Sturgen from the Delta/SF Bay.

That fish looks like the stunt double for the fish in the Ewan McGregor movie, "Big Fish". One of the greatest movies ever.

Although I cant make too much fun of the photo for certain obvious reasons, I will say that Wal-mart might want to jump aboard and sponser that guy, at least upgrade that wore out rod and reel to a new Southbend special. That poor rod must have got worked.

Did that fish fight or just roll in like a log of, well, a log?

Thank you to the angler that got that ugly beast out of our water!

We cant swim in it, but that can? Im sure youd rather drink water with that swimming in it over some hot 18 year old chicks in bikinis. No humans! Only giant gross ugly catfish may swim here.

Its good to see a giant fish die on a scale.

20. SDJEFF1

SDJEFF1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Big game rules.
    He would keep that fish.:huh: