!!!NEW STATE RECORD!!!

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by Anonymous, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +131
    I think the have a special number just for that also, there's instructions and everything about what to do with the fish that you want to have them pick up and all. If I ever have that chance I think I might just give them a call.

2. that1guy

that1guy Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    congrats on the catch... then subtract the congrats for keeping it. like it was said, a real fisherman would have known to keep it alive and got the cash money from BPS and If it ends up dying there, then it was just her time, and THEN its ok to eat i guesss.. but to catch a STATE RECORD FISH which is bigger than you and just let it Die and eat it. WOW...wowowowowowowowo WOW

If it were me..
    my wallet would be fat, Id be eating lobster, crablegs and prime rib. The fish would be inside a tank being fed and doing things a TROPHY catfish does.

You Have a right to keep fish.... you also have the right to do other weird things, im content with being a knowledged fisherman..

3. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The fact with the fish being a state record could have been used as as a really good negotiating tool with BPS. I wonder what is the going rate for something like that? Hopefully enough to get a new car or a boat even.:laugh:

4. ol dirty basser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +164
    Though I might do the same as you, and though I definitely would not have killed that fish if I caught it myself, it's unfair to say what is and isn't a "real" fisherman. It's easy to say that on a board where 50 percent of the other members probably agree with you, but "IRL" things are not so clear-cut.

I personally give the guy props for catching that big cat. It saddens me a little to see it die, but hey it's an old fish.

5. paulfishes

paulfishes Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    1 The point of fishing for me is to have a great time
    2 The point of fishing is to get the biggest one EVER
    3 The point of fishing, who cares, number one and two were met.

GREAT JOB on the bigest fish ever in California.

I do not know what Id do with a fish that big.

I dont know if Id let it go or eat it or release it or mount it. I have yet to be in that position.

Some people like catfish, some dont. I do. I like catching them. I release 99% of all fish I catch, but I do like to eat a catfish once a year or so. Same with a halibut or a salmon or tuna. Im in the group also that would never eat a bass, unless my life depended on it, and if my life depended on it, I guess Im in dire straights and would rather just die.

6. LAOS

LAOS New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    San Diego is known worldwide for its heavyweight largemouth bass, but it was a giant blue catfish that set a record Thursday at San Vicente.

Steve Oudomsouk, 58, of San Diego landed a 113.4-pound blue catfish while fishing off Quaide Point at the reservoir. The catch shattered the state record for blue catfish, a 101-pounder caught and released at San Vicente by Roger Rohrbouck in 2000.

Oudomsouk's son, Saki, translating for his Laotian father, said yesterday the catch was made with 15-pound Berkley Trilene line on a Shimano Triton reel. He said his father fought the giant blue for 20 minutes before boating it.

“The fish is in a freezer,â€

7. Moose

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +113
    Why must this dead horse always be beaten when someone catches and keeps a big fish?!?! It's tired. He kept the fish, who cares?!

Great job catching a monster fish. He kept it, fine. If it was you and you would release it, more power to you. Now let it be.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  9. Redeye13

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22
    Name:
    Ray
    Boat:
    Marlin Kokanee WA 23
    Whats the word on the closure date? Whats the time line looking like?

10. CatfishRuss

CatfishRuss Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Ha you would think so huh? But I caught a big blue or 2 on 14 pound test and it put up a hell of a fight. It can be done the only thing for me is this, looking at the first pic i see grass on the fishes back i just want to know how you pull a 113 pound catfish out of grass? Did it take a while and he ran out towards open water? For me on 14 I happened to be lucky and have the fish run towards open water initially. Just anxious to see all the details.

11. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Suppose to close mid aug depending on if waters below lauch ramp. 7 other blues was caught there as well some maybe even been trophies I will be out there next week. Dropping water levels make them easier to find.

12. CatfishRuss

Ratings:
    +23
    Ha me too don't they only want 80 pounds and up? Just who would you call exactly?

13. CatfishRuss

Ratings:
    +23
    One of the guys working on the piping after work was fishing on the dock said they are way behind and may be open longer than mid august.

14. CatfishRuss

Ratings:
    +23
    Ya how can I call a guy who out crappie fished me for the 20 minutes i spent at the dock a fake fisherman. Plus I seen them catch a bunch of other big panfish and some cats. They are real fishermen with a view that differs from some.

15. MaxZmus

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,393
    Here's the detail I got. Papa Laos was actually using 15lb Berkley Big Game on a 6'6" Kencor rated 10-20lb fiberglass rod with a Shimano Bait Runner reel. Setup was a standard c-rig and 2 little pieces of mackeral. He fought the fish from shore for about 20 minutes and was thinking that the fish was more like 20-30lb class fish(since that's usually how long it took him to land other cats in the same size). After landing the beast they simply put the fish in the boat and continued fishing, they had no clue that it was a special fish. Had he known that the fish was going to attract this much attention he would have done things differently and would've done everything to keep the fish alive. What's done is done, so "let's just congratulate and not playa hate" <--- hehehe

That's as much detail I got so let's all move on to bigger and better things. :laugh:

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    MaxZmus
    thinking that the fish was more like 20-30lb class fish(since that's usually how long it took him to land other cats in the same size). After landing the beast they simply put the fish in the boat and continued fishing, they had no clue that it was a special fish.

hahah the status quo gets better and better... very bleak i say very bleak. so now you dont look at a fish to determin its weight you time how long it takes you to reel it in and then WALA!! you should have your weight... classic. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

17. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That would be good news if lake stayed open longer.

18. LAOS

LAOS New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  19. LAOS

LAOS New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ALL I KNOW IS THE FACTS ARE THERE....A 113.3 CATFISH WAS CAUGHT AND SO HAPPEN IT BROKE THE RECENT STATE RECORD..WHAT MORE IS THERE TO CRITIQUE.CONGRATULATE A PLAYER NOT PLAYA HATE...

20. LAOS

LAOS New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    San Diego is known worldwide for its heavyweight largemouth bass, but it was a giant blue catfish that set a record Thursday at San Vicente.

Steve Oudomsouk, 58, of San Diego landed a 113.4-pound blue catfish while fishing off Quaide Point at the reservoir. The catch shattered the state record for blue catfish, a 101-pounder caught and released at San Vicente by Roger Rohrbouck in 2000.

Oudomsouk's son, Saki, translating for his Laotian father, said yesterday the catch was made with 15-pound Berkley Trilene line on a Shimano Triton reel. He said his father fought the giant blue for 20 minutes before boating it.

“The fish is in a freezer,â€