New swimbait PB!!!!..... Carp

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by Egorham, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Egorham

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +622
    Went up the hill last month to try to catch a fish on a 8" huddleston. Was only fishing for ~30 mins when my rod loaded up! Had the gopro on thought I'd share it with ya'll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scCrqqMXfFE

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • List
  2. Werfless

Werfless The Coach ..RIP my friends
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +56,721
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Hahaha.. if you want to best that bad boy, use live goldfish out in the IV. No, not joking..

3. carpkiller

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,115
    Nice video!! In a North County creek, was using a live crawdad and hooked a carp that went deep and ducked under a log. he didn't get wrapped up...just once under the log...and I could not pull him back toward me. It was only 3 feet deep, and I could see all the water he was moving on the other side of the log....seen smaller wakes behind wakeboard boats.....Back and forth for 20 minutes until the line finally broke.

4. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,850
    Wow!
    When I see you at Murray, you are catching bass, not carp...
    I guess it pays to be a versatile fisherman. ha ha....................just kidding with ya! :)
    (I did enjoy the video)

5. Egorham

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +622
    Oh man, when we were out there recently, we heard carp splashing around all day and all night. Definitely bringing some stuff to target them next time.

Thanks. I've foul hooked a few bass fishing and it's always exciting... until it isn't. They do pull really hard though.

Thanks Vinny. That's cause at Murray you've only given your smaller pet bass permission to bite my lures. I'm hoping you'll let one of your bigger ones grace my line one day soon. Why so greedy? :emoji_grin:

6. Queue

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Boat:
    SR-18
    I was throwing a weightless t-rig senko at DVL a few years back in an area that has a lot of 20-30 lb carp. The senko hit the water, sank about 3’ and the 10 lb. line just started screaming off my reel. I figured it was carp that swam into my line so I didn’t set the hook and tried to have some fun without ripping out the scale the hook was in. We tussled for about 15 min of long distance drag screaming and gaining line back as fighting carp often goes. As the fish tired, I was able to get it swimming toward me and toward the surface. I was finessing the fish in after such a long fight. As the fish’s back gently broke the surface about 25-30’ away I was surprised to see the raised spiny dorsal fin of a giant LMB in the low to mid teens. My jaw dropped. Just then the fish’s mouth opened, she shook her head and was gone. I reeled in the senko with a hook barely sticking through the top of the plastic. Lamenting about not setting the hook I let out a long slow exhale, put the senko on my hook keeper and went home.

You just never know

7. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,724
    Boat:
    It floats
    !!!

8. Egorham

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +622
    Dang! That must have been so deflating. I mean this sucked for a second but I can't imagine the disappointment you felt!

So yesterday I saw these guys fishing shiners and they ended up catching a monster 25# carp! I mean I believed you, but had never seen it.

9. Werfless

Werfless The Coach ..RIP my friends
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +56,721
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    They are a LOT more carnivorous than people give them credit for