new to forum - always looking for fishing buddies

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing' started by PatrickB, Jan 29, 2018.

1. PatrickB

PatrickB Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi All,

I moved to Oceanside in March and just stumbled across this forum. Figured i'd toss my name in the hat for anyone looking for fishing pals. Happy to split some gas if anyone is looking to go troutin or on the boat, but i'm a pretty passionate wader as well.

Always prefer the long rod, but i'm no purist. I'll take a bend in the rod anyday!

Tight lines and hope to see some of you on the water.

-Pat

2. dooolan

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +973
    Welcome to SD! This website is a goods resource to learn the area. In regards to flyfishing, there are two fly shops and two clubs. Strouds on Morena Blvd, and The Fly Stop in Mira Mar. San Diego Fly Fishers meet monthly in Point Loma and the Golden State Flycasters meets in Del Mar. Look up the websites for the shops and clubs. Most guys around here fly fish on tubes or yaks and also shore pound the beaches and bays. Post any reports or cool flies if you get a chance.

3. PatrickB

PatrickB Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the feedback, I actually signed up for the SDFF but i have yet to drive down for a meeting, i'll look towards the del mar group as it's closer to home. `i'll share some bug and fish pics as the come. Cheers!