O.K. who else does this

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by Jimmyz123, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +131
    You've just caught a fish, Bass, trout, Catfish, whatever, and act like you are Bill Dance, Roland Martin, Mike Ike, or whoever. I notice on the shows they play for the splash effect, and excitement of the catch. Does anyone in here do that too?

I know I do, there are times though where I get them back to the boat fast so that I don't lose them.

Anyone?

2. bassmasterflash

bassmasterflash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Boat:
    kau lana 2
    haha ditto, especially when people are watching, plus it feels so dam good.lol

3. Borderbasser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +795
    I try to get them in and out. Espcially if there are others around me. Too many times have I had fools think they have the right to roll on my spot while I am still on it. If I am by myself then I do the same because more often then not I get the majority of my bites in one specific spot on the spot I was fishing and I don't want to let the flurry die down while I still on the first fish. I have found this especially true when I throw a trig or fish dads. I can catch my limit on the same area sometimes when I find the money spot on whatever I am fishing. Sometimes this is not the case, but more often then not it is.

4. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +131
    I did that this last weekend at Jennings. I have one spot I love to go to first thing, and then I work my way around. I had 3 in less than 2 hours, and if the wind has not picked up and my wife needing me to come home, I could have probably limited with in the next hour. I found what bait was getting the attention, and it wasn't like they took forever to nail it either. I can't wait to get back out. I was having so much fun.

5. Thee IBC

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +126
    oooohhhhhhhh sooonnnnnnnnnn!!!!!! MAN ALIIIIIIVVVEEEEE!!!!! Big or small u hear me yellin across the lake :p Much more fun to make a spectacle of it

6. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +131
    So you have a little Mike and Roland in ya? That's an interesting combo.

I think I am more like Bill Dance and Shaw Grigsby.

7. Macro

Macro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Gotta agree with Dbl B here.
    Less thrashing about means more fish, less forced sharing/folks sneaking up on yuh (annoying knats buzzing 'round) :angry:
    Plus less monkeying around means less likely to break off and leave a hook or lure in a fish. I HATE that!! :(

And I am more than likely fishing barbless so there's that going for subdueing a fiesty peces quickly without the chancy hub-bub. :dry: :blink:

8. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +131
    More times than not I am trying to get the fish in as fast as I can so that I don't lose the fish, photo it, and then release it. CPR, Catch, Photo, Release, that works for me.

9. fishindad

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,712
    I some times do th Mike Ike thing when i Catch a tiny dink as a joke but when the bite is on its all business cause I do not want people decending on an area I am fishing.My kid caught two fish in a row the other day a some guy comes over and throws his line right across were my kid was fishing and my kid was being quiet when he caught his.Thats when I decided to tie on a crankbait and proceeded to rake that dudes lines out of the way then did the Mike Ike thing :p The Guy did not say anything cause he Knew he was wrong :lol:

10. MeetDrFeelGood

MeetDrFeelGood Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2
    My brother pulls them in while talking like Hank Parker and that funny voice of his.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I do it every catch,....but if I realize it's a decent fish, then I tend to hurry the hell up and land that sucka!!

12. dfishin

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +369
    I like the fight. It is the best part of working a bait for a strike and battle it in. I like to see my drag pulling pole bent and looking to get it to the boat. Now if I hook my first double digit, I want it to just jump in the boat so I have one. Then I will fight the rest. I don't make noise, I let the fish do that.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I give my wife that line every Saturday morning.........But I won't be around at all, so don't even bother to call. Cause on a day like today there's one place I gotta be..... Gone fishin. She laughs and I end up cutting the lawn.

14. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +131
    I like old Bill. I love to watch his bloopers. My son, who is 21 months old, will stop on a dime when he hears the music to Bill's show. He's been hearing that song since he was born. Every Saturday and or sunday if I am not out fishing or what ever he and I will turn that on and watch the show. Now, he picks up his little rod that I gave him and he'll sit in front of the T.V. with it and reel. Talk about inter-active T.V. He's in to it man.

15. Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53
    You should have heard me last week doing a drift in 45 feet on an incoming tide in San Diego Harbor. 18 inch 3 pound sand bass.\
    YEEE HAAAAAAAAAA! Yea Now That's What I'm Talking About!