Ob 12/28

Discussion in 'Lobster Fishing' started by JWBee, Dec 29, 2019.

1. JWBee

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +297
    The nephews have been wanting to get out there and they refused to let the cold stop them lol. They complained less than a buddy of mine who tagged along!

It’s been a couple months since we've gone out so it took a while to get all the stuff together and leave. Forgot how much extra stuff you gotta bring when fishing with kids lol.

Fished from 7-11ish. Surprised at how dead the pier was. Pulled up like 15 shorts, no legals. Another hooper pulled up one legal and a few shorts. Not a single mackerel was caught, possibly on the whole pier lol.

2. JWBee

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +297
    Last night (12/29) some of the nephews wanted a mulligan. Ob pier from 7-11. 5 shorts. No mackerel.

3. Tunakillerjoe1

Tunakillerjoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73
    Name:
    Joe
    Boat:
    Valco Westcoaster
    You have to try, no getting lobster on the couch! Keep at it!

4. jazz206

jazz206 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    I have been wanting to go since November but it sounds like it's still shorts only. Maybe will wait till after football is over. I noticed the Mac's went some where for the winter. I was wondering if the other piers have any luck.

5. JWBee

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +297
    I only go to ob except for the one time I went to shelter island last year for the season closer. We had no luck that night but that’s not why I never went back, I just prefer taking the kids to ob because this time of year there’s more room for them to fish and not get tangled up with other anglers.

6. JWBee

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +297
    And from my experience, if you’re hooping from the pier it’s gonna be mostly shorts regardless of the time of year lol. My best night is two legals. Although a friend from work told me his buddy got his limit on Oceanside pier For the season opener. But I’ve never witnessed such a feat in ob lol. I’d say get out there and give it a shot! There’s still some legals out there. I’ll be taking the kids and some friends out tomorrow night.

7. jazz206

jazz206 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Went to Shelter after not being able to find parking at OB cause of a festival of sorts. Nothing at Shelter not even a short. I only pulled up some tiny crabs. A couple of folks fishing. A guy gave me a couple fish carcasses for bait. I left after 1.5 hours.