Ob Pier lobster.

Discussion in 'Lobster fishing' started by TreeCatcher, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Carterantebi

Carterantebi The Skunk Magnet
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,351
    Name:
    Carter
    Boat:
    Bayliner+Hobie Revo
    Ahhhh sure wish I was 14 again, those were good days lol. I was checked once earlier this year at Silver Strand by an officer in a truck who asked if the surf perch were biting. I offered to show him my license and he said he wasn't checking them that day. I don't think I've ever seen anyone cracking down on the bucket brigade and other various people that keep dozens of 10" spotties. I've been checked in AZ 5 times so far this year and I barely even fish out there. A license is like 20 or 30 dollars from AZGF and they make great use of the money.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Ram-Rod

Ram-Rod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +944
    Name:
    Lowkeyhoe
    They waited for them to finish collecting a few hundred over limit before busting :emoji_joy:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  3. geofish

geofish Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,539
    So why no arrest? Why the leniency? If word gets out that they’re cracking down, then it might slow them down???

We need a show with the song “Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do when they come for you!”

They knew they were busted. They were just playing dumb! Sounds like a day on any pier with the “bucket brigade” with “take your pick” ethnicity with an accent acting like they don’t know the rules or “no habla.”

Like any major holiday where they have an all out effort to stop drunk driving with sobriety checks......There should be “poaching checks.”

But just like the argument that sobriety checks don’t stop drunk driving, but I do believe they help. So I do think some type of all out effort to stop poaching will also “help” but not stop.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. stoned-trout

stoned-trout If it smells like fish
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,547
    Boat:
    kayak velocity 13 ft
    I been checked for license in this year more than 25 years previous.. Think I am at 18..Mariners and mission point mainly..Its almost50/50 chance when I go of getting checked..Maybe I should tell them where I think they should go ,,,no not there,,,ob pier..Lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Cyjake111

Cyjake111 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +675
    going again tonight cuz Nickjay26 wants to go. I'm happy to be fishing so much this week after going dry for 3 weeks in a row.

6. lchicker

lchicker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +359
    I feel like F&G is a joke here in SD. In Ventura County and Orange County, I feel like I get checked every time I go out. In SD, I've been checked once while at Sunset cliffs and maybe one other time (probably not if I can't remember)
    If you go back in the lobster thread, I posted how I had to call the game warden on this one guy for using 4 hoops and 2 poles at the same time and keeping shorts. I recently was checked by the same officer and he recognized me from last year. According to him, a lot of these cases get lost in the courts because they don't have enough evidence against the perpetrators. Apparently, the game warden came back a week later after I called him
    last year and caught the same guy using more nets and poles AGAIN, but this time, they caught him with undersized lobster in his possession. Apparently this particular officer is pushing the district attorney to revoke his license for the next five years in addition to fines and seized gear.

7. MeLoves2fish

MeLoves2fish Member

Ratings:
    +34
    Name:
    G
    Awesome catches. Just got in from a 5 hr fish fest. Several legit bugs...always a beautiful sight :emoji_ok_hand:

8. Ram-Rod

Ram-Rod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +944
    Name:
    Lowkeyhoe
    Were the langos tasty?

9. Cyjake111

Cyjake111 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +675
    The wednesday night trip yielded a lot of crabs and 1 keeper. The lobster was yums.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List