Obnoxiously rude pre-pubescent boys at the dock

Discussion in 'San Vicente Reservoir' started by bluegillman, Jul 31, 2017.

1. bluegillman

bluegillman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +132
    Name:
    Bluegillman
    Indeed Billy - it has grown by leaps and bounds. And if the wife ever inquires, I got everything for $100 at a fire sale. All of it.....

My son does still fish with me though he's still not quite old enough for a tube.

I'm thinking of different ways to get us both out in an "unbroken-bank" manner - the inflatable boat was/is decent but also a giant hassle to setup/breakdown.

2. BadBilly

BadBilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +696
    Name:
    Bill
    I hear ya bud, $100.00 fire sale,,, gotcha!
    He is growing fast, keep an eye out in the for sale section here, Craig's list offer up... ect. Next thing you know he will be taking your tube if you don't get him one soon. I seen a dad and his son on mission bay a few weeks ago, they had 2 tubes lashed together and were floating the current by vacation island. Getting hooked up on spotties and it sounded like they were having a blast!

3. PBcali

PBcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75
    Name:
    PBcali
    Boat:
    Skeeter ZX 202 C
    probably the same kids I've seen hanging out on the dock twice now.

True story me and a friend were fishing and saw those kids fishing the dock then in the afternoon we saw they had got a rental boat. Later we saw the Ranger boat confronting them on the lake and i didn't think anything of it. Shortly after when we came back to the dock in the afternoon and my friend ran up to the store to buy some dip-n-dots and i waited in my boat and these kids were back at the dock in a really bad mood arguing with each other about who grabbed what off the boat (kicked off the rental maybe?) Then two of the "friends" got in each others faces and started screaming at each other and a push led to a punch and all of a sudden they are in a full on brawl inside the gated boat house where they stash all the life jackets and other stuff where only lake staff is allowed in there. These kids were straight trash. I wish the ranger was there to see but no staff was on the dock except that one really young kid who wanted nothing to do with that. It really reminded me of my younger days riding BMX in clairemont running into the trashy local kids at the dirt jumps in the empty lots..

4. J2kool619

J2kool619 Active Member

Ratings:
    +33
    What I'm wondering is if they are there often doing all this your saying why are they still allowed to be there?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. bluegillman

Ratings:
    +132
    Name:
    Bluegillman
    RKMM will have to answer that one.

6. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,789
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Always been the same. At least they are at the lake fighting and not in their living rooms with Video Games.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Jenx

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,538
    I don't know. I'd rather them at home fighting over their video games where the rest of us don't have to see them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. bluegillman

Ratings:
    +132
    Name:
    Bluegillman
    Ditto. Why should the rest of us suffer because of irresponsible parents and their spoiled brats?

9. J2kool619

J2kool619 Active Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Who cares

10. bluegillman

Ratings:
    +132
    Name:
    Bluegillman
    By the looks of this thread? Enough of us.

11. Double Minor

Double Minor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66
    Exactly what the thread should be titled. I for one care. The behavior is rude, crude and unattractive to most people fishing with children. Some like minded individuals find the attitude of these adolescents, Not conducive to a positive environment for the enrichment of others. Appreciate your help in the matter. Tight lines to you as well!

12. J2kool619

J2kool619 Active Member

Ratings:
    +33
    I pretty much mind my own business when fishing lol I hear what your saying tho

13. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +604
    That makes sense until they go rolling past you and your kids punching on each other and screaming obscenities. Granted, you can gather up the kids so they don't get knocked off the dock and such but this is supposed to be a "regulated" atmosphere. If I have to follow certain rules, so should they. I am not positive but I have to assume there are rules against screaming, bullying, and fighting on the docks.