Odd hoop net creature

Discussion in 'Lobster Fishing' started by Paul the Great, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Paul the Great

Paul the Great Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +321
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR48m0mcOAw
    Two nerdy dorks messing around in the middle of the night. This is the second night in a row.

Tonight was like the others, we caught lobster, crabs, sea monsters, and stuff Ive never seen, like this fish.
    100_3106.jpg

I got some LED glow sticks and they can be seen for a mile. Brighter than 50 regular glow sticks togather. I put them in a Gatorade bottle so they float high and stay dry.

The Coast Guard was out and I noticed them go right up to one of my bouys, and run it over, slowly. ***?!

We motor over and I ask what they are doing. They say were not allowed to hoop net here in a navigable water way. I say, wrong, I know the rules, and your not even allowed to touch my gear. Then he says, "Do you want me to call Fish and Game?" And I say yes, Id love that, I know where I can hoop net, anywhere that you can fish, as long as its not off limits by the Navy or other secure areas. So he says, "You want me to call them?" And again, I say yes, and Ill stay right here so I can talk to them", Then he says he is gonna call them to come over and I say I can wait, Ill be right here. Then he shuts his door, and turns on his overhead emergency lights. I keep hooping. Then he says, move all your stuff right now. I say no, call fish and game. He says he can do whatever he wants, hes the Coast Gaurd, and it doesnt matter what fish and game says. He said he called the harbor master and your not allowed to have a obstruction in a waterway, so move it. Fine. Your the boss. By the way, did you call fish and game? He said he was no longer talking to me. So we moved our gear.

Idiot never called fish and game I suppose. *** is a giant iron bouy chained to the bottom of the ocean? An abstruction? What about all the boats that float out there? Do they have to move?

Anyways, I hate when guys try and flex their muscles and abuse their power. On the bay, we have Police, Fish and Game, Harbor Patrol, Dept. Homeland Security, Border Patrol, the Coast Gaurd, all trying to keep me from red necking. Lame. No wonder our country is in the hole, all these enforcment agencies, I dont like them.

Besides, we got another limit of lobsters.

Attached Files:

2. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +26,662
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    I hear ya on all the different enforcement agencies on the water. Huge waste of $$ and manpower. Did you mention all the military guys and gals on their zodiac gunboats? A girl pulls up next to me and tells me I have to be 500 yards away from a navy vessel when it is in the channel, would I please move. She tells me this as the carrier is going by. By the time we get our lines pulled up and crank the motor the thing is 200 yards past but we still have to move.

That is some kind of croaker. I forgot the name. Someone will chime in and tell you.

3. Mike

Mike Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Cool story...

When's your trip to Hawaii this November?

4. atfish

atfish Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2
    black croaker.

5. Paul the Great

Paul the Great Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +321
    Black croaker. This is a racist comment and I dont like it. White cracker, ok, but black croaker, come on guy! First its the off limits black sea bass, now the black croaker? It was black out at night. Who cares about the speed of light, whats the speed of darkness? Go call someone a black croaker and you will see the speed of darkness.

Im going to Hawaii on the 18th and Ill be gone a week. My goal is to surf waves bigger than I have ever surfed, and surf pipeline and sunset on a big day.

6. Jigsaw

Jigsaw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0