Open Lakes, Please Contact State Assembly Member Brian Jones.

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by Everydog, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,746
    The lakes in San Diego County are not keeping up with the relaxing of social distance standards.

Today, I called the Sweetwater Authority to inquire as to why. I guess some of you already know this, but the person answering the phone said that they were following guidance from the state.

I believe State Assembly Member Jones is one of our best allies here. His staff was amazing in supporting me with a possible Fish and Wildlife overreach in a small land development issue in the past.

From his website, it is clear that he would be against any bad faith, lazy foot dragging on the part of DF&W and localities related to fishing.

Senator Brian Jones | Representing the 38th Senate District

Also, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

#1 Everydog, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  2. 360sheepdog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +259
    Our city, county, and state leadership MUST be voted out or recalled immediately! Our access has been so poorly managed it is laughable. These C and D students, who have become politicians, do not know how to handle anything in the real world. They have ruined everything they touch.

- Closed all parks, lakes, beaches and launch ramps.
    - OH Wait...opened the beaches, but closed the parking lots so people have to park on streets in neighborhoods and jam up sidewalks.
    - Open parks, but no parking lots? What??
    - Put meter maids at all entrances in mission bay and SD bay, instead of controlling flow to the ramps so people can launch boats with their own family.
    - There is ZERO reason to disallow access to our lakes, bays, and launch ramps.... ZERO!

OPEN OUR STUFF!! IT BELONGS TO THE US!!

Our so-called "leaders" are drunk on power and control.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  3. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,746
    That's a great slogan, "OPEN OUR STUFF!! IT BELONGS TO THE US!! It should go viral. Bumper Stickers, shirts, You name it.

I know fishing is not the worst of it for our citiizenry , we all do, but sometimes you have to chop at a rotten tree in pieces.

Not all these people have the same views , but here they are with a few mistakes and maybe omissions on the list.
    https://sandiego.adl.org/files/2017/03/sdelecteds.pdf
    Don't forget the Governor.

4. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,746
  5. JoshJ123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +784
    Agree with what you are saying, just wanted to say that most of our politicians aren’t C and D students, most of them were probably A and B students. Thing is those people have been blessed by luck and fortune and have had most things handed to them in life, which is how they got to the position that they are in. The C and D students are the ones suffering from people like said politicians who run the schools and universities. Yeah it makes sense to label them as “C and D students” based off their stupidity, but I believe that most of those politicians grew up and got to their position without struggles and difficulties, as they haven’t learned the perspectives of anyone but themselves.

6. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,746
    I guess what these A&B students are trying to tell us is that San Diego is an impoverished ghetto? I couldn't tell by looking around at all the expensive houses and other real estate and the taxes collected from them and other sources. How the hell do they make fishing expensive? Getting out of the way doesn't cost much.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +29,860
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    My thoughts exactly! But they can't do that. Even on the City Lakes web site they are careful to say that activities enjoyed by the public are "supervised". In fishing that means opening the gate and chasing everyone off the lake at sundown. Very expensive!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. sherpa

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,854
    Don’t forget the guy at SV That-chases you out of the ski only area even when no ones is using it. I don’t remember a time when any one checked me for a permit or a license on any lake in the county, In the last10 years

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +29,860
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    LOL, yeah that happened to me the last time I was there. Not a wake or ski boat in sight. I said,"so do we have to leave?" He said, "no, then I would have to run those other guys out". (pointing to other fishermen.)
    Just wanted us to know that he could run us out!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. VCC

VCC
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +244
    How many people does it take to run a lake, lakes without contact, one in the morning to open the gate an over lap during the day with the person closing the lake. Post the time you have to be off the water, if they are not off at that time ticket them. They do not check permits, they do not enforce no wake rules (narrows at Hodges, you could sit in the narrows and fine about 10 boats an hour) Boat inspection can be done without breaking the social distancing protocol. Water contact lakes add one person for enforcement. If I saw the rangers doing ranger things it would be different but I don't hanging out and shooting the $h1t all day is not what I would consider Ranger work.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  11. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,746
    Got home from fishing today, Kristin Gaspar emailed again about the shore/lake fishing issue I wrote about all the Supervisors and the CAO and some mayors, Silly me, the one from day before yesterday was a form letter and so was the one today. Just her ,or an assistant drumming up something for her brand during the "covid -19 crisis". That's how they roll. Glad I went fishing. This issue with shore fishing is to the point where it's complete failure to serve. Taxation without representation.

12. loopy

loopy Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I heard second hand from a person that spoke to the Hodges dam-keeper that "they" are NOT planning on opening Lake Hodges at all this season. I don't know their excuses - maybe they claim they can't clean the floating port-potties ( so don't open them - ask people to hold it till they get back to the dock!) or some reason like that. You know the water authority hates recreation and would prefer Hodges never opens. Let your representative know that this is not acceptable.

13. mcfish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +15,571
    Boat:
    fisher marine18
    How many city employees does it take to screw in a light bulb......50, and they're all overpaid!

14. Bigpondonly

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +160
    It's interesting, none of the lakes,rivers, or streams I fish in the Sierras have permits, or on duty rangers. You just go fish and follow the f-ing rules.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  15. William Campbell

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +515
    Famous author Lawrence Durrell wrote about politicians: "the last refuge for a diseased ego"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. loopy

loopy Member

Ratings:
    +10
    The City has docketed a special budget meeting May 11th at 6:00 PM (please see City website for agenda and public comment instructions delivered by phone or webform).. This may be the last time to comment on proposed budget cuts that apparently include reservoir closures and or limited access.

PS that's tomorrow!

#16 loopy, May 10, 2020
    Last edited: May 10, 2020
  17. sherpa

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,854
    It’s not the employees that are causing this it’s the mayor and the city council, don’t blame the working people

18. loopy

loopy Member

Ratings:
    +10
  19. Everydog

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,746
    Update:
    I have an email contact with:

Lori Brown

Director of Constituent Services for

Senator Brian Jones

I have interacted with this office before and they were very good in support of my issue at that time. Please give me any ideas to support that San Diego lakes should be open to the maximum, . Any legit angle to present is good, but if some agency in California should help get reasonable fishing access for us in the city and county , info about that is best.

Thanks

20. William Campbell

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +515
    Most of us don't mind raising prices to use our lakes to achieve revenue neutral. I am a dis-abled vet and fishing is one of the only outdoor sports available to me and to others like me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List