Otay - North Point Gate Open?

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by wbttk, May 16, 2020.

1. wbttk

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +228
    Hey all,

So we got to the gate at north point trying to float tube around 5:30am this morning. A group of cars were there, and we were all waiting for the gate to open because it was locked.

Some people started to leave around 6am to find another launch point, and we waited until around 6:15 am, but no one came to open it. Does anyone know if they eventually opened that gate, and people were able to launch tubes/kayaks from there?

I read their website and is mentions the lake opens at sunrise. Just wondering if north point is usually open, if it opened late today, or its off limits during COVID? Anyone know?

Zack

2. inthedeep2

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +438
    I was actually curious of this as well. but did not want to battle the gauntlet on the first weekend.

3. Borderbasser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +795
    They have been lazy to open it up sometimes. I didn’t even check cuz my launch spots are all off the road.

4. wbttk

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +228
    Yeah I saw some cars parked around the lake. I was about to do it, but I didn’t know where to pay for a permit. That line to get to the concession stand was insane, and I thought north point had the only other place to pay (iron ranger). Anyway, I hope fishing was good! Might try it again Wednesday...