Otay Sun- still red hot.

Discussion in 'Freshwater Reports' started by Linebig, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Linebig

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +14,548
    Boat:
    Stratos 185XL Pro
    Still red hot. Lots of nice fish out there right now... even some bigger than 3-4 pounds. My son and I gave it our best shot. We hit close to 40 bass. Most in the 2, 2.5 range yet we had some nice chunks as well. 75% top water the rest Senko.

9C991D31-29B7-4925-991B-5EF8C0F77578.jpeg

5EAE3AB8-9739-4428-A8DC-6730235F1C30.png

A8A8AE7B-9974-4689-BD7A-65DA8C728FB4.jpeg

2. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +24,211
    Sounds like you guys had a great day!
    I just left "that spot" in Otay arm when I saw you and Trevor heading into that area. There were some bass deep in the cover where guys like you are not afraid to reach. I would have stayed in there longer, but headed back towards the Olympic rowing dock area and back to the dock to call it a day.
    It's funny that I could see a boat like yours flying into Otay Arm from far away and saying to myself...I wonder if that is Linebig and Trevor.....and then confirmed it as you got closer and then said to myself...I bet they are going to nail some bass where I just left. :)

3. Linebig

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +14,548
    Boat:
    Stratos 185XL Pro
    We did head in there. We fished for a very short time in there. We did our damage in Harvey's. That arm is holding fish for me. As well main lake areas. I did get a fish in Otay arm though and it was way back in the tulles on senko. We went back again to be sure really late in the evening to see what was up... nothing happening top water wise.. So far its been all Harvey's and main lake areas.

4. JJbasser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,804
    hair cut!

5. Linebig

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +14,548
    Boat:
    Stratos 185XL Pro
    yes sir... two days ago... had to apply sun screen 4 times to keep from burning

6. RamonaAngler

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,344
    Boat:
    Yes
    40 bass is an incredibly good day Rob. Thanks for the report and pics. Plus a haircut! :emoji_slight_smile:Hopefully I can get down to Otay soon. Just such a long drive from Ramona. I'll probably hit El Cap or San Vee next week.

7. Linebig

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +14,548
    Boat:
    Stratos 185XL Pro
    If you find them right now at Otay its not a hard number to get with 2 anglers. When I am out there I am 100% trying to land as many fish as I possibly can. As I kept saying to JJ a week back.. I'm not play' n out here. I want them all. haha. if I am by myself, I cant 40 very often unless the planets align and the fish are in massive groups. two anglers busting butt to get them, its not an issue.

The fish came in bunches for us. We landed at least a limit on 5 different baits. When that happens the numbers stack up quickly. I missed 6 frog blowups. we missed breakers that came unbuttoned. we could have added many more if I did not blow it with the frog and we did not lose the breakers. My son got 5 nice fluke fish in a span of 50 yards over a 5-8 min period. one of the photos is during that time. We hit 4 plug fish in less than 10 min during a crazy top water flurry. The numbers stack up fast if you are paying attention and make accurate casts. We were at a spot and before I could drop the troller Trev had a fish and by the time I was able to get my rod unstrapped and get the boat in position for me to make a cast he had another. We ended up with 7 fish in that area.

it comes down to wanting to make it happen. :)

8. RamonaAngler

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,344
    Boat:
    Yes
    OH, believe me, I wanted to make it happen at Murray today. Had 3 blowups on the frog back in the tulles, hooked 2 of them, then they wrapped themselves around the tulles and came off. Threw buzzbait, walk the dog bait, t-rigged worms, drop shot, underspin....they didn't want to play today. I guess having 2 very good anglers on the boat at the same time can add up to quick numbers. Congrats on a great day!