Paddle Boarders, Kayakers, and drift boats

Discussion in 'Bay Fishing' started by 12incher, Aug 11, 2019.

1. KahLayOh

KahLayOh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +41
    I had the same problem with 2 girls on a jet ski from that exact place. They were literally 4-5 from the rocks. Wanted to throw something at them so bad

2. DJ DIMES

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +529
    Or even, boating very close to shore. I have had my line cut at San Diego Bay and run into multiple times by multiple boaters. Fishing there is still great even if from shore but you would think these guys might want to also protect their investments...?

3. Mogambo

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,717
    Name:
    Al
    Boat:
    19 foot Sea Pro
    A Lucky 13 or Zara Spook is your friend!

4. RJ576

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +451
    I've only just recently started kayak fishing, I've had a total of just 4 trips. I tend to hug the shore for safety since the boaters don't seem to give a flying F*** about me and my safety. They just speed right beside you no matter what you do to avoid them. However since i was just shore pounding for my entire fishing career prior to getting a kayak I make sure to avoid lines. I can't tell you how many times I've hooked up on jet skiers, Its a great way to test your knots and drag.

5. mcfish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,915
    Boat:
    fisher marine18
    I think it might have more to do with bad parenting, rather than the political climate!

6. Rude Baits

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +619
    I fish from a boat, a kayak, a float tube and from shore. I get this. My best advice for shore fishermen is to develop thick skin, and realize most people are completely clueless. Its no excuse, but they literally don't know or don't care what they are doing. My best advice for kayak and float tube fishermen is to keep your head on a swivel and stay close to shore when possible. Be extra careful crossing mouths and channels. My best advice for boaters is to pay extra careful attention to others in the water on smaller craft and be mindful of them and shore anglers. It's a jungle out their people. Stay safe and stay respectful.

#26 Rude Baits, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. swings are free

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,696
    And dont cast or troll over people's lines.

8. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,527
    Bad parenting for sure. Little to no accountability in our legal system, for sure as well. Just noticed you had to go back to the middle of August to read and reply to my comment ! I dont know if I should be honored or worried !:emoji_fearful:

Ya, current political climate has a TON to do with the way people behave. Pushing the edge of their personal envelope is something alot of folks have been aching to do just because they're tired and pizzed off at what they see and hear in the current world we live in. People hate Trump and they use his name as their excuse for saying and doing the most stupid, hurtful things.

People see others get by with behaving like animals, so they figure why not and climb on that bandwagon themselves. Behavior toward law enforcement is a fair example of that. New York? Cops having the general public throwing buckets at water on them? Remember that? Everyone is now a part-time lawyer and offended at the mere sight of police. Its kinda like people hiding behind their computer screens and typing foul tirades at others online. They basically get away unscathed feeling better about themselves - more or less - and they know they cant get their azz kicked through a computer screen. I would know about that.. it happened to me, right here on this website not too long ago.

Its alot easier to understand this stuff if we just come to terms with the fact that its really happening in our world. Just bummed that the state azzhats and the overwhelming majority of citizens are frightened to death of standing up to the idiots that cause these problems.

9. ror_sal

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,728
    I just wind in fast and make my next cast behind them. There’s nothing you can really do and it’s not worth arguing with someone. And yes, kayaks and paddle boarders hug the shore cause of reckless boaters. If you fish at night, this ain’t an issue!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List