PB's and State Record

Discussion in 'Bay Fishing' started by bassterdSD, Oct 22, 2009.

1. bassterdSD

bassterdSD Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Met up with j.rasta and bassaddict at Coronado to soak some squid off the rocks...Night started off a lil slow with nothin for the first hour and a half...Addict was the first to hook up with a nice 3# Calico that gave up a nice lil battle...J will post up that pic

Next 5 mins i get ran on my 8# test spinning rod and come up with the biggest Croaker i have ever seen..Couldn't believe the size..Here she is

HPIM2243.jpg

I digied her out to a whoppin 4.8#'s...Come to find out, from a lil research Rasta did this mornin, I got the the state record YellowFin Croaker..WWOOOHHHOOO!!!Wish it was a state record LMB but i'll take this:)Big Fish List here i come

They just lined up for us..1st Addict, then Me, now Rasta gets to crankin on somethin monstorous..I just see his rod double up, so i ran over to him almost breakin my ankle in the process so i could net it but Addict was already on it...Scooped up the Fish and all we could do is look at each other in amazement...Is that a Calico???OMG!!!!Yeah it is..OMG!!!!The look on Rasta's face was priceless:)Hurry lets get a pic of this...Needed the work glove to lip this thing..ARE YOU READY 2 SEE IT EVERYONE???Prepare your vision...Here it goes

HPIM2244.jpg

A new Big Fish List submission and its on top of all those lil guys..LOL..She went 10.7 on the digi...WWWOOOHHHOOO one mo time...
    J.Rasta on the Map baby..Fish was released unharmed and ready to be hooked another day:)

After all that excitement and a couple grits, back out the bait went..Addict got another Cali but wasn't to excited about takin a pic of it after seein Rastas 10+!!!I hooked up with a monster but ended up losin her;(Really good fight and memorable...The bite shut after that so Addict took off

Me and J stayed for about an hour longer and he ended up gettin a PB Shovelnose..4 feet 4 inches..Sorry bout the chopped head..The thing was to big for my camera

HPIM2245.jpg

Another great night out on the Rocks!!!It doesn't stop here either!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. bassaddict

bassaddict Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Boat:
    TUBE
    that's a night that none of us will forget even thou i didnt get a biggun. just seing the monster calico and croaker made my night and i know it made jrastas year with that calico ****. and a state record croaker good **** bassterd.. u bassterd lol.

and thats a nice shovelnose too rasta good **** dawg.. cant wait to do it gain soon.

3. j.rasta

j.rasta Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3
    best night of fishing EVER!!!!!! Thanks you guys for kidnappin me last night! lol! that cali was unbelievable! n then that shovel came through n took me for a ride! so worth bein tired as hell today! i couldnt hardly sleep a wink last night. cant tell u thank you enough times dre! n congrats on ur STATE RECORD yellowfin croaker! that thing was a hawg! n what ever that thing was thrashin the surface b4 the hook popped out was a monster! epic night on the rocks! Too much fun gotta do it again! (fyi thats fog in that pic wit the shovel! though there was a killer seshin goin on!!!!!) heres addicts "baby" cali! jk LOL! DSC01809.jpg What a night!

Attached Files:

4. Thee IBC

Thee IBC Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92
    I went to 7eleven and picked up 10.7 bottles of Haterade...I'm on the fourth

5. bassaddict

bassaddict Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Boat:
    TUBE
    mine is a rat compare to ur's dawg. man i still cant beleive u caught that monsters dude i though mine was big but ur's top it. WHOOOOOOO good times!!

6. j.rasta

Ratings:
    +3
    IrieBioChemist said

I went to 7eleven and picked up 10.7 bottles of Haterade...I'm on the fourth

Im guessin u got the bitcchelberry whinermelon combo case!

7. Thee IBC

Ratings:
    +92
    W.E.
    until fishing pays as much as poker then I'm shacked up in my cave till I make enough for grad school 8)

8. j.rasta

Ratings:
    +3
    aight captain caveman! jus dont forget to login here from time to time n see whats good outdoors n what bigguns ur cuz is ropin! n theres a new flavor for u to get ur hate on wit its called jealoucitrus punch!

9. RaiderJJ24

RaiderJJ24 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good job on the State Record YFC and the 10 lb calico.

10. Joel

Joel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    What are the Rocks at Coronado?

11. AlwazeFishing

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +34
    awsome fish!!! trips like that r always werth not bein able to sleep the next day. but then again you can't go to sleep anyway cause ur so pumped.

great job and nice report

12. Thee IBC

Ratings:
    +92
    mmmmmmmmmmmmm, this Haterade is good

asdkjfnjlksdabflksdaf

13. j.rasta

Ratings:
    +3
    there's rocks on the coronado side of the bay... theres some bigguns round em at night! jus gotta put in time n they'll pop up! ; )==*~~
    --good luck!

14. Lord Matthew34

Lord Matthew34 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3
    You guys have a nice spot. Thanks for the pics and report. Congrats!

15. mrfady

mrfady Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    That's bad *** guys.

What kind of rig are you using and what time do you guys go? I've only fished the bay from my buddy's boat but he doesn't go out anymore so I would love to try something new. How do you get there if you don't mind me asking? If not I understand...

Thanks,

16. bassterdSD

bassterdSD Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Carolina Rig witha long leader about 2 1/2 feet..1 ounce egg sinker with chopped squid from the asian market...All you have to do is go across the bridge and fish either side of the island..Both are productive..Somedays one side will be way better then the other...Just takes some patience...If you aint ready to fish till the sun comes up, then you most likely wont be findin where they are at...I've sat out for 2-3 hours without a bite, then all of a sudden Bingo...

It's just a !$$%! tryna land a 30+ fish off those rocks...Either they go west or east so fast you cant chase'em(not unless your some skilled rock runner)or they go south straight into the fray zone...Boat would be nice...Cant give any specific coordinates of where i like to fish but, all that i have said is enough to go find'em and get'em...Good Luck!!!!

17. cjmedina

cjmedina New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sweet fish congrats on the record now i just need to find me a rock spot up here in oceanside

18. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Andre – Really like your reports and this one in particular. Congratulations on catching a record size fish and thank you for sharing the fishing experience with us.