Pictures of your set up

Discussion in 'Float Tubing' started by diegofish, Mar 22, 2021.

1. diegofish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,867
    I'd like to see some of your guys tube set ups.
    Could be very helpful with guys starting new or, like me, starting again.

I'll post my pictures of my set up when its done

Thanks in advance

2. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,080
    Do you mean pics of those PVC casting rod holders that can carry up to 3 or more rods? This may be for casting guys. My apologies if thats what you were talking about.

I fly fish, so I only take one fly rod when I go out. No need for anything on my tube other than a buddy strap for my sonar and a rod leash for the fly rod. My saddlebags are half empty as it is.. they only hold a small box of flies, pliers, fish lipper, small silicone dry sack (6"x9") for cell and ID, fishing license, extra fluorocarbon, two extra Fireline leaders, a left-hand glove for Spottie teeth, an old dry wash cloth, pepper spray, a small bottle of water and a ridiculously bright headlight for evening sessions. All that's really attached to my tube is that green buddy strap you can see cinched onto the left chamber.
    3.JPG

3. Egorham

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +727
    Hard top apron, 'Fishernewb' 's from youtube rod rack. Garmin, plier holders, 2 rod holders, camera mount. Mount my batter on the hard top and the transducer is off the bottom of the rod rack. My net has a snap and leash I hook on the right side. I also deploy it as a weak drift sock when I want to slow my drift.

But I only go all out when I'm launching somewhere easy. If I have to hike in or anything I leave all the extras at home.
    IMG_0203.JPEG

4. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +21,916
    That is a cool tube set up Egorham.
    All I know is that if you were fishing out of only an inter tube....you still would be catching a lot of bass!
    Tight lines buddy. :)

5. NibbleSquad

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,297
    This is an old picture. Lot more ductape and rubber cement now. It floats (barely) but that's all you really need. Fish don't care.

IMG_0755 (2).PNG

6. diegofish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,867
    I saw that on youtube. I'm thinking of a way to incorporate that into the FishCat 5 I just got. Having a sturdy table in front of you would have so many benefits.
    If anyone has attached one similar tablke to a fishcat please share
    Great set up buddy. Thanks for posting

7. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +322
    23L8g7DUTbKX%r2eYmPsYw.jpg wlVcUzckRBmugJ1JcHyBbw.jpg 1YdMG3JNRduZIXzSqg2hRw.jpg WOYQnCppQre1F%7dxfCwZA.jpg

Here's a few from when I was making the rod holders. Cumberland and Fishcat 5 Max

8. diegofish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,867
  9. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +322
    Yeah, balances everything out, and anchors to the bottom of the tubes. Here's a pic of them. The top one is for the FishCat 5 and the bottom is for the Cumberland. That pool comes in handy for testing fitment before taking it to the bay or lake and realizing s**t don't sit right.

ISCjJjxwR66KeG0rF67GlQ.jpg

10. MaskedFisherDUDE

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,021
    That’s for sure.

88E2D769-0F6C-4BF9-9307-CD8E19891C98.jpeg 28E210B1-4ACA-482B-AEB2-3155E886B4C6.jpeg

11. Egorham

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +727
    Ha thanks Vinny. I know it's totally over the top and unnecessary but it was fun to put together and I already had the stuff anyway. One of these days I'll make it back down to Murray to drag a ned and catch some dinks :emoji_grimacing:

No problem man.

IDK how much a budget matters to you, but in retrospect I would use PVC for most of the pieces and only use ABS for the weird connectors you can't get in PVC. Buy the ABS to PVC cement and should be good. Won't look as nice, but may save you a few bucks. I think in Fishernewb's youtube video he says you can make the rack for like $16, but I was closer to $40 with current prices and not having the cement already.

12. diegofish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,867
    Just bought my PVC and plan on starting assembly tomorrow. I'm on call so we'll see how much i get done
    Bonecrusher, I pretty much copied your rod holder.
    I'll post pictures when its done
    Thanks to all that posted