Plastic Help??

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by Anonymous, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    i have Been trying to get better at my Plastic game, there like the only Thing i fish. I Wanted to know if i Could get some help on some Old/New Different Lures/Rigs.
    Just recently I i Satarted Using Fat Ika's and Just Dominating Everything. Any help/ Suggestion Would Really Help thanks
    ;)

2. Fishtricks

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,625
    You almost have to put Yamamoto Senkos, Ikas, and Zoom Brushogs in a seperate catergory, they are more like SUPER plastics. Anyone who drags one of these lures slowly across the lake will eventually catch bass. They escentially do the hard work for you.

When you do make the transition from these types of lures to Carolina rigs, jigs, Texas rigs, etc. BE PATIENT!! Prepare to catch way less fish and get skunked more often. Getting proficient with the C.rig was one of the best things I ever did(in the fishing world), but it was not easy. I am currently trying to become a proficient freshwater jig angler. I get skunked alot. At this point in my fishing life,...I prefer to get skunked trying to master something I find difficult, than to catch some fish the easy way. I've gotten over the need to "just catch something" I'm more focused on my need to master more advanced tricks. I'm convinced in the long run, I will be a more efficient fishing machine because of these pursuits. Especially when it comes to coaxing out bigger fish. I cannot relate to the guys who spend all their fishing time and efforts mastering catching more two pound bass. I've caught 1000s of 2-3 pounders. Assuming I don't die, I will 1000's more. What I want to figure out is, how to catch more 5-6 pounders.

Back to your question- I recommend practicing the C.rig with reapers and straight worms.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank You i will definitely take you advice.
    I'm young But i think i have the drive and talent to become Pretty great . Your Information really helps. And like the C-rig I have Found Drop shotting to be very successful.Thanks Again any info. really helps .

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Trix is right on the money to the last penny with that reply he gave you. Take it for what its worth....the truth!

5. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +131
    Very Poetic Trix, I don't think anyone could have said it better. I once heard Bill Dance say, if you want to get better at using a certain bait or presentation you have to spend days just using that rig and nothing else. Like you said and he also said, you may get skunked, but it will help you learn HOW to fish certain baits and become a pro at it.

I think we all can agree with what trix said. The thing I wanted to do, is catch fish on never having to by live bait. I have proven to myself that I can catch fish on anything that's in my tackle bag.

Good Luck, I agree with learning the C-rig, I too need to work that one.

6. MeetDrFeelGood

MeetDrFeelGood Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm still workin on my t-rig. Trying different techniques. Still don't mind getting skunked at times because it keeps me busy.