Please Mr. Trump

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mcfish, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,283
    When was the last abortion clinic blown up? Also I and most conservatives think blowing up anything is wrong. The left are the ones beating people, burning things down, blocking free speech, starting a war they can not win. Wake up the left is out manned and out gunned.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. mikecheck1212

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,586
    Hahhaaa....I don't know bout the out gunned part...you guys have had years of Alan combs and the likes don't get it twisted...I think the last attack on an abortion clinic was Robert Lewis dear...couple years ago...yeah the right wingers never beat anybody..hahhaa...I think some assaults may have taken place by trump supporters at his rallies..look we can go back and fourth all day about which side is worse...and neither of us will win...that's the point...but you're to stuck in your right wing bubble...like I've said before..anybody picking a side whether it's left or right is the problem with this country...so arguing with people who only see red or blue..elephants or donkies...skin color and religion..is futile...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,964
    Name:
    Larry M
    I thought it was the 9th circus court.

4. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,964
    Name:
    Larry M
    I see pink elephants when I drink does that count?

5. Carterantebi

Carterantebi The Skunk Magnet
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,791
    Name:
    Carter
    Boat:
    Hobie Revo
    Huh?? What part about Christianity isn't peaceful? Show me where in the Bible it says God will give you 72 virgins to rape if you die blowing up non-believers. And is it not true that almost any criminal could be considered crazy? The difference is, the Quran is full of stuff involving the killing and torturing of anyone who doesn't believe in such BS, the torturing and killing of gays, giving lashings to your wife when she doesn't comply to being your personal sex slave, etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,283
    Yea your not in a left wing bubble or anything. What a hypocritical statement.

7. Carterantebi

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,791
    Name:
    Carter
    Boat:
    Hobie Revo
    So let me get this straight, having opinions and stances on issues is bad, and supporting people who share those values is even worse? Let's just get ourselves a dictator to do all the thinking for us. That way, there will be no need for individual thoughts! You know, back in the days of WWII, the Soviets had a guy like that. His name was Joseph, and he made sure that there was no need for anyone to think for themselves and form their own opinions. It was great! Everyone was equal, nobody had to worry about someone being more privileged than them, and they even got to vote in a democratic election ruled by a popular vote! There was no need to take a stance on anything, because everyone shared the same ideas and everyone voted for the only man on the ballot. Now granted, there is only one nominee, and anyone who rejected this amazing, unified, one-party system mysteriously disappeared and was erased from history, but there was no right or left, elephants and a****s, skin color, or religion. Everyone was equal, and nobodies feelings were hurt!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. scisports

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,467
    Bible is full of violence and atrocities. Sodom and Gomorrah? Hammurabi? Using your logic, Christianity and Islam are in the same boat. Radical factions exist for each. Agree that today, Radical Islamist factions are of more concern, but this cannot be used to ban people that happen to be that religion.

The Crusades were horrific, 'peace loving Christians' decimating middle eastern communities. Killing natives in the Americas if they refused to be converted.

Terrorism exists across most religions, except perhaps Buddhism/Hinduism. Religion has been used for centuries to justify atrocities and holy wars.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,283
    The bible also had an awakening called the new testament. You know where Jesus came and taught Christians to be tolerant, loving, helpful, giving, non judgemental, and forgiving. Jesus told us to love our enemies more then ourselves. Was the old testament harsh? Yes but that is not where Christianity came from it came from the teachings of Jesus. A very few have used the religion to do harm but again those are doing that in spit of Christ's teachings not because. So please drop the Christians are just as bad as Islam BS and maybe try to read the Bible then read the Quran and then try to equate the two. Otherwise frankly your comments are nothing but bigotry. Name a Christian country in today's Era that allows murder of gays, treats women as slaves not even allowing them to drive or leave the house without a male? What Christian groups still practice sexual mutilation it's common practice in the Muslim world? What Christian groups belive in raping women just because they are non Christian ? Look at the hell they are creating in Europe. You're blind to the truth if you fall for the Christians are just as bad BS.

#89 Medicated fisherman, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  10. Carterantebi

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,791
    Name:
    Carter
    Boat:
    Hobie Revo
    None of those examples call for readers of the present time to go kill all non-believers. Notice how western civilization is far more matured than the Middle East. Sodom and Gomorrah involved the killing of a violent mob of gay men that wanted to gang rape an angel. Hammurabi Code was simply a basic set of laws that basically showed the ancient people of Mesopotamia that there are equal punishments for crimes you commit.
    If Islam and Christianity are in the same boat, then how come we aren't following Sharia Law out here in the West? I'm afraid the Middle East is still far less civilized than predominately Christian countries. Never have I gone to church and been told that I need to kill non-believers, throw gays off the top of my roof, beat my wife, blow up malls, and all the other crazy stuff that MUSLIMS STILL DO.
    As far as the Crusades go, they were a response to everything the Arabs had done to the Christians. People seem to forget that the Muslims were the ones who kicked out the Christians in the first place. Imagine you're about to get in your car, when someone grabs your keys from you at gunpoint and takes off with your ride. You get pissed, but can't run fast enough to catch up with him, so you call the police and tell them to keep an eye out for the guy. Now say that you run into him later with your car in a Walmart parking lot. Do you take the car back and possibly beat him up in the process, or do you just let him have it because he claims that it's been his all along?
    I think the issue is that in all the cases you've brought up, someone is definitely playing the victim when they face the consequences of their actions. Of course, my hockey coach did always say, "the ref will almost always only see the hit you make retaliating."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. swings are free

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,701
    I do like the law of Hammurabi I think it's about time we go back to that.

12. EncinitasWomp

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +528

I am not going to get into a religious debate. However, you are grossly wrong on every point you just made. Comparing Sodom and Gomorrah to fundamental islam shows a complete lack of understanding of both the bible and the koran. Have you even read the bible and the koran cover to cover or are you parroting something you heard on NPR? Read both for yourself. Even if you believe the two books are complete fiction, there is a stark contrast.

The Crusades were defensive wars. They were a direct response to four centuries of Muslim aggression and an attempt to turn back or defend against Muslim conquests of Christian lands. When the Crusades began, two thirds of the Christian world had been captured by Muslim forces and Christianity had to defend it's self or be wiped out. Picture ISIS unchecked today.

Lastly, there is nothing in the bible that compels people to commit atrocities. Going back to my first point, read it. The koran on the other hand specifically compels believers to do exactly what ISIS is doing. Don't believe me? Read it. Once you read both books you will see that if I call myself a Christian and shoot up an abortion clinic in the name of Christianity, I am 1., going against the teachings of the bible and 2. may not actually be a Christian. On the flip side, ISIS going into a Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, whatever village and cutting off the heads of anyone who doesn't convert to islam is doing exactly what the koran teaches.

The real test isn't what someone calls themselves, it's their actions and whether or not they coincide with the teachings of their faith.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,964
    Name:
    Larry M
    Hi, I can agree with some of your post but now we are talking about modern times. Radical Muslims believe that all nonbelievers must convert or die. Most non radical Muslims just standby and watch. What a great religion Islam is when you can have it both ways.

14. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,964
    Name:
    Larry M
    Wow, what a great post, I wish that I had the ability to make a post like that, now I have to rethink part of my last post. Good job.

15. salt water guy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,561
    Boat:
    Montauk
    EW -- serious question for you: Do you personally know any practicing Muslims? If so, have you asked them about your allegations of what the Koran teaches?

I believe there's a lot of misunderstandings with Islam. Some of it's intentional. Example: "jihad." Look how the term has been *******ized by the Fox News crowd. There's actually some surprising parallels between the Abrahamic religions. Maybe ISIS believes in cutting off heads, but that's hardly mainstream Islam -- as you should know. That's like me pronouncing Pentacostal snake handling as what most Christians do...

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  16. Medicated fisherman

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,283
    It's Quran, if your going to defend it's barbaric text then you should at least spell it right. I guess maybe you don't know as much about Islam as you think.

17. Carterantebi

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,791
    Name:
    Carter
    Boat:
    Hobie Revo
    Actually Saltwater Guy is correct, there are multiple spellings of Quran, kinda like Muslim and Moslem. However, what he is saying is pretty off.

18. EncinitasWomp

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +528

Again, you have to go to the text. If you haven't read it, you can't intelligently comment on it. There is no misunderstanding what the Quran compels Muslims to do.The bible teaches to do as Jesus did. The Koran teaches to do as Mohammad did. What did Mohammad do? Same thing ISIS is doing; brutally expanding the Islamic State. Are all Muslims going to commit violent Jihad? No. Lucky for them, there are other forms of jihad. Jihad by migration, jihad by money, jihad by writing and another one or two I can't remember. I can be against violent jihad, but still fulfill my religious obligation to jihad by migrating to a kafir (unbelieving) country. Seems real familiar to what is happening in Europe doesn't it?

Secondly, many Muslims, especially those who live outside the middle east, have no clue what the Quran says. They are required to memorize the Quran in Arabic, even if they don't speak the language. If I remember correctly, Islam forbids translating or teaching from translated text. So if you ask a Muslim if they know the Quran they may tell you yes because they will have memorized it or parts of it, but it was memorized in a language they can't read or write and therefore don't understand.

I wouldn't say there are any similarities between Christianity/ Judaism and Islam other than using some of the same names (different definitions of those names). Keep in mind Muhammad died in 632 AD. I don't remember when the Quran was written, but it wasn't written until some years after his death. Christianity and Judaism had already been around for a long time. Any similarities (names, etc.) between Christianity/ Judaism were merely borrowed by the writers.

Your analogy of snake handling is faulty. No where in the Bible a believer is compelled to handle snakes to show your faith. This is an issue of poor text interpretation. Whereas what is going on with the jihad, violent and otherwise, is exactly what they are compelled to do.

#98 EncinitasWomp, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  19. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,964
    Name:
    Larry M
    Just a question because I really don't know. Is the Quran translate into English? I'm not trying to be a wise guy I just would like more information on the subject. Thanks

20. salt water guy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,561
    Boat:
    Montauk
    Really Carterantebi? How is it "pretty off?"