PM halfday, shaking my head...

Discussion in 'Sport Boats' started by Redjim, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Redjim

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,568
    Rode the am trip on the premier, started off just past the point to check on calico action. Short barracuda and one or two checkerboards, a couple of sugar bass etc from the bottom. Off to rockfish in 120 ft. Smaller to decent grade, with a few nicer models as well. Saddled up and headed north of green tanks, on the look for calicos. Drove pretty far and wound up on some fish that slowly decided to chew. After a few keepers, it was time to leave em biting and head for the barn right as they were starting to really turn on. Back at the dock there were 5 reservations. Headed to my car behind Fishermans to take a break before then trip. There were a ton of people in line on the dock for the Dolphin. I asked a guy if he and his buddy were going on the dolphin and he replied they had a group of six. I told him that if they went down to the Premier then they and the other 5 or 6 passengers already booked would have the whole 85 foot vessel as their own. They replied that the Dolphin is cheaper on mondays.... The Premier stayed tied up and the whole herd crowded aboard the other boat. Makes me shake my head, oh well. Rant over, probably better I got a bit of extra rest before going on watch. Tight lines

2. Tadyhawk

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,104
    Name:
    Romel
    You could've rode on the Dolphin 1/2 AM for $13.00 cheaper with the same amount of anglers with the Premier.

The Dolphin AM caught 1 Yellowtail, 4 Sculpin, 33 Rockfish, 8 Sheephead, 1 Lingcod, 2 Sand Bass, 13 Calico Bass, and 50 Calico Bass Released for 50 anglers.

Premier 1/2 Day AM 48 anglers; 69 Rockfish, 8 Calico Bass, 1 Sculpin

#bangforthebuck
    Dolphin anglers did not make a bad choice of hopping on lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +40,395
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    They made it out of the dock...

4. Redjim

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,568
    Simply to summarize the intent of my post- being that the dolphin was going back out with 50 anglers, and with only 5 or six more needed to have the premier get off the dock, I found myself scratching my head. Perhaps this shouldn't have been done here, my apologies to anyone that wasted their time reading anything I have ever posted. Saving 13 bucks for me to join 49 others or forking over the big bucks and having the whole boat, hmmmm. Anyways, happy Tuesday y'all and tight lines.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. geofish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,418
    I got your intent. I’d gladly pay $13 extra bucks for an empty rail or a clear bow!

6. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +40,395
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Not even, man.. I know the DD doesn't usually leave the dock even with ten when I have tried. Keep posting, man. I get it on that frustration level though, always sucks to see a good boat at the dock when they could be out hammering it..

7. Fat Spottie

Fat Spottie Evolved Pinhead
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,576
    Name:
    None Either
    Boat:
    Hobie PA-14
    Oh you know us, it’s a regular dependent boat. If there are 8-10 regulars we will leave that dock.. rent rods... not so much.

Business is business with the boats, the issue is that some people around those docks have much deeper pockets then others and have the financial backing of the landing... unlike other landings.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. AWilliams

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +257
    Don't have anything to contribute other than I picked up this lone YT and the jackpot on the Dolphin on Sunday...I was definitely stoked.

IMG_0777.jpg

9. geofish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,418
    Well done

10. crawdadguy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +641
    some love combat rail fishing...i am not one of them

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  11. skrilla

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +542
    Big loads mean big jackpot!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. NextMikeSays

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +688

That's what she said!

Honestly, Jackpot on boats leads to issues. People get obsessed and stressed with catching rather than enjoying because they put $5 in.

13. geofish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,418
    As much as I hate cattleboat fishing I did enjoy winning the Jackpot! I’m good at it and am always in the 20% of the people catching......However I hate the “dyck” I have to become to do it......Fighting for bait, for rail space and fighting to keep your fish-on from getting tangled and sawed off!

You’re right! It does take the pure-joy and fun outta fishing. I’m content when my crew reels in fish and consider the boat’s success as mine too.

I’m so glad I don’t have to do that anymore!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Delorian

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,029
    Name:
    Chris
    Did some serious combat rail fishing with my dad on the San Diego on Sunday. At least we each hung a tail. Gotta throw elbows if you want any kind of chance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Miasmax

Miasmax Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +254
    Name:
    Kyle
    I cannot stand Jason, Cody is cool but jason like to drive his boat just to drive it long trips in between spots

I dont care how cheap it is after him putting us on more seals than fish and driving the boat for a solid 3 hours of our 6 hour trip i wont ever go again

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  16. Lockjaw

Lockjaw Active Member

Ratings:
    +136
    Your opinion is valued however have you ever thought that the captain and crew want to put fish on the boat as much or more than you? With that said Jason could of threw the hook and sat till time expired but instead he went looking for fish. Conditions change daily even hourly so my guess is that the fish moved, they have tails you know. All kidding aside take a minute and think... Do you really think he would waste all that gas for nothing? Even if he did I would rather have a captain that tries for real fish than one content to load up on potato chips.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  17. Miasmax

Miasmax Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +254
    Name:
    Kyle
    Numbers say it all

18. Lockjaw

Lockjaw Active Member

Ratings:
    +136
    That's why they call it fishing not catching, hopefully your next trip is better.

19. Tommy Chang

Tommy Chang sicka than your average.
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,297
    Boat:
    almost. back.
    yo. what up red jim. good catchin u the other day, fkn ****e conditions, but was good to chill. catch u next time

20. Redjim

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,568
    Hell yes my friend, good times. I will zap you my digits in a PM, look forward to finding them and coloring up the deck next time. Tight lines.