Polarized Sunglasses

Discussion in 'Fishing Tackle' started by Mario20, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Mario20

Mario20 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone explain what the difference and uses of the differnt shades, on polarized sunglasses? I've got a pair of some costa del mar shades in just a black tint, but the have yellow, light blue so on and so on. Anybody know?

2. jigstick

jigstick Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe different colors are for variety of Light Conditions. Yellow (amber)is for low light, Darker (gray etc) medium or bright light. Not sure about Red, can`t stand wearing it,
    Sean

3. ironmaiden

ironmaiden Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with jigstick.

4. Mario20

Mario20 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does this have anything to do with the glare on the water though... In low light for example i would wear yellow and this would decrease the glare better then the darker shades???

5. jigstick

jigstick Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the Polarization is what handles the Glare. The Colors help you see differently with different levels of light. Problem with colors to me, I can`t afford 2-3 pairs ready for any conditions. I just buy grey, or Blue.
    Turn Polarized Sunglasses sideways at about 90 degrees & look through the lens. If they`re a quality Lens the Water will look strange, try it.
    Sean

6. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +131
    I have read that the grey and green lenses are better for sight fishing. You could pack your bag with 3 different pair for the different lights, but you're not going to want to carry that many pairs around. My recommendation is stay with that Blue, Grey, or Green. If you already have the amber colored lenses, then use those when it's over cast and such.

7. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
  8. inthelip

inthelip Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have some amber glasses and they work great any day, but any day onthe water with any glass is better than a whole lot of things.