prop bait that's working.

Discussion in 'Lure Making & Customizing' started by blugil, Jan 9, 2021.

1. blugil

blugil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47
    Name:
    kimhyonjin
    since here is talking about lure making. I don't think it's out of topic.
    also not an ad for product. I doubt it's even exist.
    just my thought.. so please read this not so seriously.

I always wondered while using prop bait or any lure that has propeller. what if it's really working.
    maybe anyone would have wondered while fishing. not just me.

so...
    How about for the lure
    adding actual motor+battery to propbait lure???
    (such as propeller to topwater stickbait/pencilbait)
    I guess anyone would have thought of it.

feature can be simply
    1.just for 50m swimming & stop just for casting.
    (auto start by water detect)
    ;;having lip at line connect makes the lure floating minnow
    it just go 50m and while retrieve angler can do the action.
    2.or having inside switch can actually on/off the motor.
    ;;since it needs to be full waterproof. standalone working
    vibration switch or whatever switch type.
    pulling fishing line will makes shock vibration that turns on/off the lure's propeller.

LEVEL-SWIMMER-(12%20Oct%202015).jpg

is this just silly idea for lure or will this be just far future's tech?

2. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,035
    Boat:
    It floats
    I would think if you go to that length, something that slaps the water like bird wings because a prop would move the bait and tangle your slack line. If you are just reeling non stop, then a battery operated system wouldn’t be needed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Werfless

Werfless The Coach ..RIP my friends
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +61,839
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Motorized lures .. china is making a bunch right now... Just saying...

4. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,276
    I have an even better idea. Make a bait that has movement but doesn't go anywhere, that will be something the fish have never seen and will fool more fish that one that moves in a linear line which they see all the time. So a mechanism in the part will simply move the center of gravity around so the bait can do a partial roll, pitch or yaw. Would be best to have random movement, similar to a struggling animal. Feel free to use this idea, if you become obscenely rich selling it, that won't bother me. If you feel the need to repay me in anyway, just send me of few of the lures while they are still hot and before every fish in the lake as seen them a hundred times. Sounds like a made for TV informercial lure; cast out, sit back, have a cold one and wait for the big uns to bite.

Think of something like a walk the dog (yaw movement) bait but that stays in one spot plus has pitch and roll (might be good enough to just have one of the 3).

Considering the amount of robotic swimming lures out there and none of them that successful (for fishermen), I think a non swimming robotic lure holds more promise.

Amazon.com : Electronic Fishing Lures

Here are some baits with robot prop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpKkDFDtI2g , Robotic Lure - Is a animated lure that is a self-propelling fishing lure.
    Animated Lure Motorized Fishing Lure - Shark Tank Products
    Robotic Swimming Lure Shop – Robotic Lure That Catches Real Fish

Never heard of a tournament being won with one.

5. William Ritchie

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,774
    Name:
    WjRitchie
    I would think that having a digital sound system that emits the actual sound / feel / electrical impulses that a fish puts out when swimming or wounded . Then again the old Devils Horse and Jitterbug lures worked just like they were. Tight lines . WR

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,035
    Boat:
    It floats
    Read the first reply

7. rchang6

rchang6 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94
    Name:
    rchang6
    My kids had Hexbug toys years ago. Always wondered if a waterproof variant would work as a lure, where the randomized vibrations would mimic live bait.

8. Egorham

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +792
    I was float tubing once years ago and saw a big 4-5 inch dragonfly stuck on top of the water. It was constantly vibrating trying to fly again and was sending out constant ripples. Shortly after passing it I heard a huge splash and it was gone... some large bass had come by and ate it!

So I've always thought about a vibrating dragon fly lure since that happened. Maybe you could make it a wind up toy, so you wind it up in between casts and get a set amount of movement? Just thinking of keeping it simple.

I don't think it's a crazy idea, I'm sure as technology advances it'll become normal.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,276
    I saw that, not to say your idea wouldn't work. My suggestion is different, not something with wings that slaps the water. Instead, something with a mass inside that randomly moves around causing pitch, yaw and roll movements. Like a Zara Spook with a tiny version of a robotic ball cat toy inside: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZGJCQCS/?tag=sd07e-20

10. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +29,290
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    I have a TW lure somewhere that I have never used. When it is casted or jerked, about 4 inches of line pulls out and it vibrates like mad for about 5 seconds. Need to dig that out.

11. carpkiller

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,067
    So...
    How about making the lure motor away from the fisherman?
    Maybe a deep-diving crankbait or a popper that does its thing as you reel it in....but when you stop reeling, the prop on its tail motors it away from you? I know...#theflyinglure....
    Cast that bad boy next to that rock where you know there's a fish. And work it back and forth, doing the same stupid dance over and over, defying common sense until the fish hammers it just to make it go away....
    Call it the LoungePoster.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List