Puddingstone Resovoir

Discussion in 'Bass' started by SoCalBassin, Aug 31, 2017.

1. SoCalBassin

SoCalBassin Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Now I know you guys won't give out your fishing secrets and I don't blame you at all but all I'm asking is what kind of lake is Puddingstone? How does parking work? Do they allow kayaks? I've heard lately that people have said the lake has been through a lot what does that mean? Any tips from you guys would help! Tight lines

2. TheBassinPanda

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,988
    Boat:
    I wish
    I used to fish there quite a bit. The lake is heavily pressured and there are like 3 different entrances to access the lake. You pay once and you get a ticket to keep and find parking at any of the open lots. There are about 3 main parking areas and you can leave the lake and come back in that day if you have your pass. When I shore fished there, I would work an area, get in my car and drive to the other side of the lake and then repeat. I've seen people launch kayaks there all the time.

I only caught bass there using senkos and drop shotting. Lake has been through a lot because it's a bit dirty and a lot of pleasure boaters out there as well as heavy fishing pressure. There are signs saying don't eat any of the fish caught in the lake. I always caught fish on the west side of the lake. Never had much luck anywhere else. Lots of shad in the lake and during the fall it was pretty easy to just cast a crankbait into the schools of shad being pushed into the coves.

Good luck

3. geofish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +11,405
    I'm a SD Boy and 90% Ocean angler. I'll admit I never heard of that Lake so I googled it. I was surprised I was miles away as I was I. Azusa last weekend....

4. tony91723

tony91723 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302
    Boat:
    I wish
    I always see float tubers in sail boat cove launching along with kayakers and kayak fishermen. I believe most of the lake is a no wake zone except the buoyed off area for higher speeds. Last time I was there, the grass was thick and about 20+ yards out. But like others have said tons of shad everywhere with some blow ups. Senkos, creatures have always been good for me, Good luck out there.

5. tony91723

tony91723 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302
    Boat:
    I wish
    The quote "the lake has been through alot" was probably 4-5 yrs ago there was a big die off and just recently fishing has been getting better. But this doesn't mean you'll slay them, that lake/fishing can humble you within a few trips.

6. QB7940

QB7940 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265
    Boat:
    Nitro Z7
    If you're looking for giants it hasn't produced since they stopped stocking it with trout.