Quality over quantity 9/28 report

Discussion in 'Barrett Reports' started by MrChatterBait, Aug 29, 2012.

1. MrChatterBait

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,001
    On vacation this week so I got in a little Wednesday action at the B. The topwater bite on the popper was good for the big ones as I landed a 5.3 and a couple of fours. Numbers were tough as I only got ten by noon but I did not get a fish under two pounds. They were fat and sassy and a lot of fun. The busters were only sporadic from what we saw so we concentrated on the plastics in deeper water. I'll try to post some pics later. My buddy also got ten nice ones. See you later in September.

2. III

III
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +52
    Good job out there Mr.C! Big's on TW is always a special treat. I hope to see you out there before they close.

3. toolbox

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,506
    I'll take a 5.3 and a couple of fours any day.. not to mention a popper bite..always a blast. You go Mr. C!

4. Largemouth

Largemouth Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Nice! Some quality on the popper is awewome!

5. MaxZmus

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,393
    Nice tw pig. I've yet to crack the 3lb mark on tw at the B. Thanks for the update, I'm hoping to be there on the 8th.

6. JJbasser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,774
    i am so glad to hear that we were in the ballpark with 23 for the day. i left burnt out and a little dissappointed that we didn't see the wolf packs and didn't catch 50 each. the fish were nice and worth the trip every time. i guess i gave up on the topwater too soon. all mine came on the drop shot fluke and robos. my partners all but 1 came on split shot robos. the one was on a kastmaster on the only breakers we saw. i got so dehydrated, it took me two days to recover. barrett when it's hot is brutal. ok, maybe i'm just getting too old for that last climb out. sure hope it's a little cooler when i go next, sept 26.

7. Nute

Nute Researcher...
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,202
    Quality over quantity any day man! Nice report. TW hogs has to be one of the best bites there is. THanks for sharing.

JBM