Buying Reliable outboard -- 4 Stroke

Discussion in 'Boats & Boat Accessories for Sale/Wanted/Trade' started by Matt44west, May 26, 2020.

1. Matt44west

Matt44west Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Hey, All: Looking for a reliable 4-stroke outboard to push around my 11ft Sea Nymph aluminum boat. I can probably go up to about $800 bucks or so...

Been running an old 3hp Gamefisher and it has left me relying on the trolling motor one too many times (like, every time). Ideally want a 10hp, but that might be WAY too tough given my price point. Would love to buy from someone here rather than CL or OfferUp.

Any leads or suggestions much appreciated. I frequent MB, but would love to dunk in SD Bay. Also plan use at Lake Hemet and SD-area lakes.

2. crawdadguy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +748
    there's a guy who posts a lot on bloody decks who seems to find deals or deals them ill think of his name

3. Matt44west

Matt44west Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Ah, thanks--didn't think of Bloody Decks. Will check it out! I've seen a couple good deals on CL, but got sketched when I've asked questions of the sellers. $500-$800 is A LOT of cash for me and I want something that actually works!

4. crawdadguy

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +748
    personal message ShadBurke on bloody decks He seems to be the guy

5. Matt44west

Matt44west Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Sweet! Thanks for this...Tried searching the forums over there but the results are WAY too broad. I'll DM him!

6. Slater

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,798
    He's the guy when it comes to yamahas but dont think he deals much in tiny motors....

Another BD source ive held onto over the years, he would be the guy to ask for used options he has on hand.
    619-887-1532 Fernando Genesta the Outboard King.
    Also dont hesitate to call local shops to see what they may have in the used arena, Sunset Marine, Boat Grotto, Dingy Doctor, etc...

7. Slater

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,798
    Shad's the guy when it comes to yamahas but dont think he deals much in tiny motors....
    Shad is also up north a bit, not local to SD area costa mesa area I think...

Another BD source ive held onto over the years, he would be the guy to ask for used options he has on hand.
    619-887-1532 Fernando Genesta the Outboard King.
    Also dont hesitate to call local shops to see what they may have in the used arena, Sunset Marine, Boat Grotto, Dingy Doctor, etc...

#7 Slater, May 31, 2020
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
  8. Matt44west

Matt44west Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks, dude. Hell, yes—gonna try both, but Fernando looks great!

9. salami flames

salami flames Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I've got a newer 2019 tohatsu 9.9 4 stroke efi with low hours on it that i'm trying to sell. It's quite a bit out of your budget but thought i'd throw it out there for you.

10. Matt44west

Matt44west Member

Ratings:
    +8
    That'd be SWEET. But, yeah, it's way beyond my budget. Wife won't let that one slip through lol.

11. rolocopoand

rolocopoand Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Name:
    Roland Ocampo
    Junirol might have a 4 stroke 9.9 tohatsu for sale. Might be a little over you budget though. Shoot him a message.

12. Matt44west

Matt44west Member

Ratings:
    +8
    DM'd him! Thanks...Still haven't pulled the trigger but am looking...

13. Matt44west

Matt44west Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Found one! Picked up from a guy on this forum. Thanks for the help, everybody.