Room for two

Discussion in 'Partner finder' started by plh2114, Mar 9, 2017.

1. plh2114

plh2114 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Boat:
    1994 22ft reinell
    Room for two. Everyone backed out. I am still learning so anyone with experience would be good. I want to fish for petty much anything that will bite. Sheephead, rock fish I don't really care just want to go out. This Saturday meet at Dana landing. I got plenty of gas just split the bait cost. I have a 22ft reinell walk around.

2. BassinNova

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +618
    Dang, stood up on a blind date. He should man up and just reply. Hopefully he didn't get kidnapped.

3. plh2114

plh2114 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Boat:
    1994 22ft reinell
    Yeah sucks . All dressed up for the big dance

4. Paulito

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,948
    Sucks for you, but its not nice calling him a [ ]ucker. He is such an awesome dude and he does not deserve this. I get it, it took alot of time and planning to get everything ready. However, i know therr is a gentleman inside you, think about the other man. He was the first to reply and did not hesitate for a split second to help you out. He has helped so many people on this forum and has helped me most out of those he has helped. He is a dear friend to many and is probably willing to still help you out. I would have called and texted to first ensure he was okay. I would have waited much longer to see if he was just late. Once again i would have discarded going out and just checked to make sure he was okay. Once more i would have waited to see if he was doing okay, again. If he did not show, i would have found a place to park the boat and would have fished for a bit to make the drive worth it. I hope he is safe.

5. plh2114

plh2114 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Boat:
    1994 22ft reinell
    Ok I hope he is ok if something happened that would suck. I called and text and waited over a hour for him. never received a call back or text. Maybe I should have waited to write that but I was kinda pissed off. That was a hour and a half drive down, hour and a half waiting and hour and a half back. I work all week long and coach my kids football and basketball and have family things going on so when I get a chance to get out on the water I am pretty excited. I should not have even asked for some local advice. It was a free trip for him I was going to pay all the gas and I was going to help with bait and clean the boat myself. Oh yeah and I still never got a call or text so you tell me if you would feel the same way.

6. Paulito

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,948
    I understand completely! I know how it is to finally have the time to go out and you spend time getting everything ready. You do deserve to be angry. Just know he is not a guy to sstand you up. :) he is a great guy! Gibe him another chance..In fact, i texted him and have not heard a reply....im kinda worried now :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  7. old_rookie

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +815
    The last time he has any activity on this site, at least public, was March 14. He may have some family or personal issues going on, and unfortunately SDFish has probably shifted down in priority.
    I can see your point of your spare time not being used in the best way, I'd be ticked off as well - but holding on to a grudge doesn't do anyone any good - hold off before accusing him of any wrong doing. We never know the full story of someone until they tell you - and sometimes they may night say completely what's going on personally.

8. plh2114

plh2114 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Boat:
    1994 22ft reinell
    Ok that is fair I am not one to hold a grudge. Like I said we talked all week long then no response Since later on in the afternoon on Friday. Hope he is ok. I went down because I didn't want to stand him up i case his phone broke and he was not able to get a hold of me. I will take down what I posted. If I can figure out how to.

9. old_rookie

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +815
    Maybe a good idea in the future, not just you but anyone, set up a confirming text/phone call in the morning before heading out? If you don't hear from the other - then it is a no go. I'd probably do that in the future - usually I meet up with someone to go kayak fishing - so it isn't an issue if the other doesn't show up - I can still go.

10. Carterantebi

Carterantebi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,783
    Name:
    Carter
    Boat:
    Bayliner+Hobie Revo
    I was thinking the same thing. He's usually a really active member so it's really weird that he abruptly disappeared. Hope he's okay.

11. Paulito

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,948
    Its all good. Thank you for being level-headed and understanding. It is getting hardr and harder to find ubderstanding people nowadays. @plh2114 , you seem like a person i would enjoy running into while fishing :) tight lines and hope you get out soon enough!