Salvation Army - In The Mix !!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Creek, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,674
    Unbelievable. Talk about unsettling. The latest victim to fall from mounting CRT pressure is the Salvation Army. Every year I donate a good chunk of change (in addition to the 3% that is automatically deducted from every one of my paychecks) to this organization to help ensure meals are available to everyone seeking them - NO MATTER WHAT RACE THE NEEDY HAPPEN TO BE. Not anymore. Now they want all white donors to apologize for their racism? I hope everyone that gives to SA just flat-out stops giving. I know I'm putting a halt to that shyt right now. Good luck with feeding the hungry - and your wallets.

There are several stories about this out there right now. I just copied the first one I read.

Salvation Army Wants White Donors To Offer ‘Sincere Apology’ For Their Racism | The Daily Wire

sa.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  2. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +12,357
    Name:
    Larry M
    If white Christians are racist maybe we should tear down all of the churches along with everything else that has been taken down.
    It will never end.

3. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,855
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    capture.jpg

4. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,674
    You're right, Larry.. it wont end. I just wonder what the end result goals are; giving back California and the Montana/Northwest territories to their rightful owners? Is there anyone around (other than DM3 or Sci) who can share some wisdom on this? Next question would be, will the people of the USA allow this mess to get that far?

5. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,674
    Still taking them off my voluntary payroll deduction list - and no more plans to drop any amount of "spare change" in their red buckets. Might even grab that stupid bell from the first person that rings it in my face and throw it as far as I can into the parking lot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Neuroshima

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,857
    upload_2021-12-1_10-5-21.png

"Elements of the resource mistakenly led people to believe that The Salvation Army thought people needed to apologize for the color of their skin, that America is inherently racist, and that the organization had adopted critical race theory," Joseph Cohen, a spokesperson for The Salvation Army, told TND in a statement.

"The confusion was leading to disrespectful discourse, which distracts from our mission to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human need in His name without discrimination. Our focus remains on helping the 30 million Americans who are relying on us," Cohen added.

My dad worked for the SA for about 10 years. It's a great organization. So much behind the scenes work for addicts and the abused. My guess is that butt-hurt conservatives misinterpreted the statement, which was posted in response to misinterpreted butt-hurt liberal call outs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Jenx

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,696
    That about sums it up perfectly. Too many oversensitive people on both sides of the aisle.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  8. Neuroshima

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,857
    Too many oversensitive people on both sides of the aisle responding to a 140 character headline written purposely to generate clicks/revenue brought upon by an emotional trigger.

We need more of this.

I still don't know what CRT is. I have an idea based off what both sides have proposed, and (Iike most things), meeting in the middle makes most sense to me.

9. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,674

Just curious.. If telling their white donors to apologize for their personal racism wasn't their intention, why would they feel the need to remove that section from their International Positional Statement? In other words, if you're not guilty of a crime, why on earth would anyone cop-out to one? :emoji_joy:

I get it.. its all about money and continued income pouring in. I suppose if I was SA, I'd slam on the media relations brakes, too.

Newsweek seems fairly in the middle when it comes to politics. Here's their take on the matter.

Salvation Army's donors withdraw support in response to racial "wokeness" initiative

#9 Creek, Dec 1, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Neuroshima

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,857
    The problem with the Newsweek article is that it quotes people's reactions to the piece, and not the piece itself. And now that it's taken down, all we will do is bicker back and forth based off of opinions, rather that the actual statement.

I would love to read the actual statement and judge for myself how woke it is. At least the DW article quotes the statement, and I would agree that it's pretty distasteful according to my beliefs (but again it's through the lense of a conservative media outlet that's cherry picked quotes). Difficult to tell if they actually used the phrase that whites should apologize for being white. But it appears they caved to woke culture and used trigger words like "repent" then peeled back after the backlash.

Remember years ago when TSA was under fire for some misinterpretation of they don't support gays because of the Bible? How far the pendulum has swung.

11. Fins in the Bin

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,529
    Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    In SD I would guess about 90 percent of people really couldn't care less what someone's race is.
    The problem with CRT is that the teachers Union (and everybody else that is getting extorted into it)is using it to indoctrinate kids and make both sides either feel guilty for something you didn't do, or loose the logic that teaches kids to have work ethic and understand that "work hard and good things happen" like the profit Tony Gwynn preached.
    Thank God I was raised by a drill sergeant

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  12. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,674
    If they weren't guilty, there would have been no reason for them to remove anything. Sorry.. this is politics. I took the time to read articles left, center and right. I read backpedaling in pretty much everything. Once pinched, its human instinct to backpedal - to avoid trouble or confrontation. I'd go easier on them if they had just initially copped out and said, "Hey, we'd like to retract that. Our bad."

13. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,674
    But we cant do that, right? Why is that? Because once they figured out they had made a huge mistake, everything was retracted poste haste. Again, its all about being human. No one wants trouble or the embarrassment associated with it, and whatever it was that they wrote was apparently pure trouble.

Bottom line is, SA is no different than any other organization - they need money to keep going. Once the threat of losing money becomes apparent, something has to be done so that the ship doesnt sink. In this case it was an immediate retraction that we can no longer see. If it was so bad and so telling that the remark cant be found anymore, it must've been pretty damning.

People (like myself) might not like whatever SA's remark (apparently) was. But if SA had simply been honest about their error in judgement when it occurred, we could have at least respected them for copping out to it. That would have been human. Instead, they chose to cover it up. Not good. Having to cover up/lie is horrible damage control - just not surprising from any person or organization these days. Humans just cant admit fault.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,855
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    capture.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. scisports

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +10,249
  16. Fins in the Bin

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,529
    Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    Good read Scisports, it looked pretty common sense and something MLK would support for many of us old enough to remember what the content of ones character was. The content of ones character even solves the DEM/ REP infighting that is being pushed so much lately if only it was more prevalent.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,855
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
  18. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +18,674
    Interesting... we could all use a little Gospel. But I'd agree, no one needs CRT rammed down their throats.

"Critical Race Theory is infecting organizations around the country, teaching average Americans that racism is everywhere. It teaches whites to “lament” for their supposed racism while it teaches minorities to blame white people for their problems. It is polluting everything it touches and must be stopped. In order for that to happen, however, people must have the courage to take a moment and examine what Critical Race Theory is teaching, not what its advocates claim it teaches.

The Church doesn’t need to lament whiteness and racism. It needs to lament the hijacking of the Gospel in favor of a message of ritualistic self-justification. Racism is a sin and should be repented of, but does that mean that all white Christians should repent of racism? Not if they are not racist. It is a stereotype to state that all white people are racist, and it is just as false an accusation to say that of the American Church, Christian charities and organizations, or the nation.

By interjecting this divisive ideology into its work, the Salvation Army has hindered its ability to minister to others. There is no place for Critical Race Theory in serving others nor should it be interjected into the Gospel, which says that all are guilty of sin and all in need of the Savior Jesus Christ, regardless of race."

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +22,855
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    capture.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1