san V 5/19 PM one and done-it ain't otay

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by JJbasser, May 19, 2017.

1. JJbasser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,804
    my bud wanted to try san V today, for a change. pfffft. what a pain. haha. I'm too old for that ****! another adventure he said. right he was, an adventure in throwing lures into a wind that was better suited for sailing! :) and all that for one farmed and one caught.
    however, the one caught was my best for the year, so far! on a clone fry in 3 - 4 feet in the shade of a big boulder. classic. when I lifted her out of the water, the fry fell out of her mouth. how lucky is that? oh my.
    I would have gladly traded her for 10 between the 2 of us. oh well, another adventure in fabulous san diego.
    (wine kicking in now, so bye bye.) GOPR3963.JPG GOPR3979.JPG GOPR4010.JPG GOPR4011.JPG
    heard spinnerbaits in the trees was the way to go. I do see why senkos don't work too well there. need trash and more shallow water areas. at least for me. am I still rambling. tight lines.

• Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,850
    Senkos have won the majority of the bass tournaments held there since it reopened. Most guys are fishing them in deep water though, and not as much on the shallow exposed stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  3. JJbasser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,804
    REALLY! how deep? DS or NED or?
    I did farm one deep on a DS senko to my surprise.

4. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,850
    I doubt anyone is ned rigging them. No one typically gets too explanatory on how they're winning tournaments, so I don't know for certain who is fishing them how.

I'd imagine its a mix between guys wacky rigging them, carolina rigging, drop shotting and probably some guys fly lining them still. The guys fishing them on carolina rigs and drop shots are probably using thin senkos rather than the originals.

5. JJbasser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,804
    thanks kellen.