San V.

Discussion in 'San Vicente Reservoir' started by Big Daddy TR21, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Big Daddy TR21

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +660
    Boat:
    Skeeter ZX225
    Any news on when it might open? I know the Marina and snack bar still needed to be built, but is there a time frame? Looks like October is out unless things happen quick.

Kellen maybe we can have a page just for San V. on update until the lake opens, like they used to have for DV?

2. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,320
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    View from the 67 shows a lot of water in there.

3. creeker1

creeker1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +29
    You know they're going to put off opening for fishing as long as possible, maybe forever.........

4. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,320
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Mark, at least we have the millennium!

5. Kellen

Kellen Owner
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,587
    I haven't heard a timeframe. But I have said all along I don't think it opens this year. I have no idea where the October rumor came from? I even heard people talking about there being a possibility the the San Diego Team Open was going to be held there this year (would've been a couple weeks ago). Not sure where that stuff is coming from.

Everything I've heard from sources in the know is really, really stressing that there is no opening date scheduled. They're basically going to announce an opening date a month or so before hand, and thats as much notice as there is going to be.

6. Linebig

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,380
    Boat:
    Stratos 185XL Pro
    In my view they are stressing as they know what's going to happen. Its going to be a zoo and they will not be able to handle it without extra workers for the people wanting to fish and ski. Not to mention the line of boats going down Moreno Road for weeks waiting for the chance to get in. Thet will need special guidelines unless they do a soft opening.

The small details of repairs and such weem very small compared to what they be encountering with the crowds. Here is a photo of the water level as a week ago. It is way the hell up right now!!

Zero shore access- no where to put a boat on shore or shore access to fish.

image.jpg

7. Uwjon

Uwjon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111
    Boat:
    Cobra tandem
    Hope it opens in the near future. Loved fishing there as a teen some 20 years ago. PB bass and blue gill came out of there!

8. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,320
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    From the looks of that pic an El Nino could put it over the spillway! What a waste of water that would be!

9. Linebig

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,380
    Boat:
    Stratos 185XL Pro
    No way..... Pumps to El Cap and Hodges as well. Bring it on!!

10. RKMM

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +596
    Name:
    Lori Felchlin
    There is no estimated opening date at this time.

They concession is "almost" done from what I could see (but since I don't have construction insight I can't be sure). The marina (as in launch facilities) have a bit of a way to go. No, I will not go into detail :)

CWA is the current entity that WAS putting water in, they are currently holding it to study the dam at this water level.

So wrong I don't even know where to start. We want it open as soon as it is ready and safe for public use.

This.

Stressing? Nope, not really. Know what's going to happen? Yup, we gots plans :)

Extra employees on hand? possibly, but we have had the line down to and along Moreno in the past. Mostly the Highway Patrol gets a bit irked at us when that happens but most people seem to be able to control themselves in an orderly fashion when that happens.

There will be special guidelines to control access, as far as I know (and things can change) there will be no 'soft' opening..

Yeah :( That's one of the special guidelines so far (as I have mentioned in other posts in regards to safety reasons).

At least it would be CWA's waste and not ours! Oh wait, it's basically still all our water. Yes, that would really be bad for PR if that were to happen. I have no idea what CWA's water plans are, but I really hope they are taking into account the El Nino reports.

Summary of what is most likely beyond " there is no estimated opening date at this time":
    1-The opening date will be highly advertised at least 4-6 weeks prior to opening
    2-Entry into the marina area will be restricted
    3-We will most likely be using Ticketmaster
    4-There will be no shore access
    5-There will be a press release with details when it is decided to be released

Lately the weird phone calls are always in regards to SV from: "Hey my brother told me SV opens tomorrow!" to ")@#*$@#&( how is <insert random tournament/ club/ media name/ ???> getting early access/ a day to themselves/ ???"

11. creeker1

Ratings:
    +29
    Awesome, no shore access. That eliminates me and many other taxpayers.

12. spideyjg

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +975
    Float tubes?

13. PROQUALIFIER619

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +349
    Boat:
    fish cat 4
    Sounds ****ty looks like a twice a year lake for me if im lucky lol..

14. creeker1

Ratings:
    +29
    Ticketmaster. Translation: It's not going to be cheap!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. fisheromen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,320
    Boat:
    1986 Glastron
    Should be like any other City lake.

16. creeker1

Ratings:
    +29
    Float tube is not shore fishing, but who knows, they may group you in with us lower class users.

17. RKMM

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +596
    Name:
    Lori Felchlin
    It's not that we are trying to exclude people but really there is NO Shore access. The entire shoreline at the marina is constantly in a state of collapse because of the 'new' water levels and thus, not safe for the public (or anyone for that matter). This won't change for awhile as there are no plans to keep the water level at a constant level. There are also no boat beaching spots anywhere along the shore right now.

Can't say for absolute sure, but I don't see why not as long as there is parking for the cars. Parking spots may be the only limit with these.

The fees are determined by the ticket coast. Currently we are only planning on selling the launch permits only through Ticketmaster since the number of boat launches are what we need to regulate. So about 1/3 of the fees that a $20 Barrett ticket costs? What you should be worrying about is getting through to Ticketmaster when they go on sale and staying connected long enough to purchase the ticket. Or their system crashing.....mid-purchase.

Of course, everything I say now is subject to change. Something may come up and change what has been determined.

18. C0MRAD

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +459
    Boat:
    2002 Procraft 125hp
    :facepalm:

19. otay michael

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,325
    If they allowed the line to enter the parking area that would solve that problem I'd think.

20. RKMM

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +596
    Name:
    Lori Felchlin
    On the use of Ticketmaster: there really is no other way to make the tickets accessible to a wide variety of people (those with and without computer access) in a fair and equitable manner. Pretty much every online reservation system I have read up about has both those who rave and those who rant; we can't please everyone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List