San Vicente changes ?

Discussion in 'Bass' started by tsugg, Aug 9, 2021.

1. tsugg

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Name:
    Tom
    Boat:
    alumacraft 165
    This is just a thought but, if anyone knows anything about San Vicente I'd love to know. First, about three weeks ago I read a article on google that says our governor has awarded a bunch of million dollars to build a hydro-electric generating station at san vicente much like the one being used at lake hodges. I thought, oh great there goes the fishing with all the fluctuations in water levels.
    Then Saturday me and Hayden show
    up to fish and the docks are covered in bird droppings like zero maintenance is suddenly not being done and of course I think to myself oh crap its already started(the change of course to close it for construction). I know it's probably just they can't find any help just like everywhere(hey you can make more money staying home these days)

BTW Vinny, this is your fish report. We had fun on a beautiful day. Oh yes, I almost forgot,we caught lots of fish but we didn't get lucky enough to catch any PBs. they were all 1.5 to 2.0 lb clones. All mine came on drop shots in 25 FOW and Hayden had two on McFish baits ( flukes)first thing in the dead grass then he swithed to DS. we each had 7 fish by 11:30 and had enough of the mixed rap songs blaring so we packed up before the boat ramp became a chaotic mess covered in bird sheet.

2. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +21,918
    Very nicely done report tsugg. Interesting lead up to the fish report was good and kept my interest and no doubt others will feel the same. Heck...I get mad when I have to step around a few bird dropping at Murray and happy as heck when they are washing the dock when I am arriving. Glad you and your son caught lots of bass. Seems like there are a lot of clones now being caught at some of the lakes. Better to catch bass than not is always a great way to look at it.
    Thanks for sharing and when I saw your name attached to a fish report....it made my day! :)

3. mcfish

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +12,374
    Boat:
    fisher marine18
    I read an article on the hydroelectric project at San V. They want to put a small lake upstream from the lake, pump water to it, then make power when the water goes back to the lake! Here comes the joke..the Feds gave them something like 13 million, the project will cost 1 billion! So I wouldn't worry about it quite yet! I agree that Hodges is a completely different lake than it was prior to hooking it up with Olivenhain..not for the better!