Savage Gear - Oars a Game Changer for Bay Fishing?

Discussion in 'Float Tubing' started by 5-20, Apr 21, 2018.

1. 5-20

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,583
    I’ve wanted to get into a tube for a while. Pretty sure i’ll use this for bay fishing in San Diego bay most of the time.

The Outcast Fish and Fat Cat tubes seem to be among the best and I thought that was what I wanted all along.

But now I’m wondering if having a set of oars would actually make me a little braver and allow me to venture out a little farther that I would otherwise with only flippers?

Like maybe I could even actually fish the front side of shelter island and if the current starts to rip, maybe i’d be able to row to one end of the island and walk back instead of being totally swept out waaaay out there.

Any of you guys that have the savage gear tube, are the oars actually pretty decent? You think I’d really add to my range having them onboard?

Overall how is your savage gear tube holding up, too?

Thanks!!!

2. special k

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +728
    Name:
    stan
    Boat:
    aluminum
    YEP I have one and the oars help tremendously especially when you don't bring any water and are dehydrated!! not that I know anyone who would do that....

All jokes aside they are built like tanks. Just like an inflatable boat. Check with Anglers Edge maybe he'll honor the show special of $399.00

3. 5-20

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Thanks, special k. Really appreciate the input!