Savage gear

Discussion in 'Float Tubing' started by Stinky Basshole, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Stinky Basshole

Stinky Basshole Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +93
    Anyone bought or tubed in those savage gear float tubes, its got a pretty hefty price tag but in comparrison with the FC4 it doesnt seem to compete. I like the integrated rod holders befind the back rest but its made of a rubbery plastic material and appears to be glued together on the seams as apposed to being double stiched like the fish cats. Also fish cat seams to have better storage, but the savage has like a stainless steel balance bar with metal ore anchors for rowing. Im just wondering what are the peoples opinion on them, and have any owners come across any issues with quality or are happy campers and have a comment on its performance. Anyways when i first saw one curiosity kicked in and i was all over it, but i had always had plans to get a fish cat until i saw that beast. So is curiosity gonna kill the cat in this case or is it really worth buying over a fish cat 4

2. special k

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +728
    Name:
    stan
    Boat:
    aluminum
    I have one. If you do a quick search a few people have asked the same question. Great boat by they way. Built like a tank. fi your looking for something that you can hike in maybe 3-4 miles it might be a little heavy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  3. Stinky Basshole

Ratings:
    +93
    Huh interesting, have you done any overhauls yet? Like does it balance well with a castmate? Work well with a mounted fish finder? How is it kicking against current? Im sure its a great product afterall savage is owned by okuma, im sure im asking too many questions tho i know the best way to get an answer is get in one and get seat time

4. special k

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +728
    Name:
    stan
    Boat:
    aluminum
    I added a fish finder that I had on my old skiff, also I made a 3 pole holder that I attached to the seat when I blow it up and a anchor system as well so I don't get blown out. Now I just need to try and fabricate a pole holder for the cross bar. You can also go on youtube and type in Savage Gear 170 or high rider 170 with Railblaza and there is a really nice one.

5. Stinky Basshole

Ratings:
    +93
    Nice man i envy your set up, if your at pigs point wednesday let me get a look at that beast

6. special k

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +728
    Name:
    stan
    Boat:
    aluminum
    The pigs point........? Like The big B. I wish, I really need a tube spot bad!!