SD BASS CREW _ MISSION BAY EEL GRASS BED FISHING SPOTTies

Discussion in 'Bay Fishing' started by Charlie Saraspe, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Charlie Saraspe

Charlie Saraspe Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Headed to seaforth boat rentals to get a little skiff for the day. As soon as Kody showed up I picked a spotty off the shore with a ROGUE switchblade. Then we headed out! All day we worked eel grass beds in Mission Bay. From Fiesta Island to Ski Beach! We had 25 + fish. Nothing to giant, Big fish was probably close to 2lbs. But super fun. I was using an ultra lite OKUMA spinning rod with a small OKUMA spinning reel, cheap but great quality and slayed the bass on it. We couldnt get bit on reaction baits such as spinnerbaits or crank bait. We caught all of our spotties on 2 to 4in ARTIFISHABLE swimbait. The fish were all eating smelt so the color that worked the best today was a green top, silver stomach with an orange belly. The only liked yellow heads paired up with the swimbaits. Rogue 3/8 ounce heads were the ideal head to be fishing today. We would roll them over the eel grass and get ruined! The fish were picky today, but with a good tide and good current, and also some UNIBUTTER smeared on our baits, we caught alot of fish!!!! Check out more photos and updates on SD BASS CREW on facebook, and also check out our videos on youtube!
    IMAG0864_0001.jpg
    139_0074.jpg
    139_0070.jpg
    139_0066.jpg

2. Charlie Saraspe

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: SD BASS CREW _ MISSION BAY EEL GRASS BED FISHING SPOTTie

The purpose of the picture was to show the color of the bait they wanted. sorry for the " CHeesy" Words ;/

3. weldon

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,457

Hey CS don't worry about it. You were giving a fish report (looks like you had a FUN day doing it and heaven forbid having FUN while fishing according to some folks around here is a sign weakness) and telling fellow fisherman what worked for you and where. Maybe a newbie and yea we were all newbies at some point will read your report, see what worked and go buy the same baits/rigs so he also can catch fish. Thanks for the report and what you used to have a FUN day catching fish. Keep it up. Weldon

4. AlwazeFishing

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +29
    Re: SD BASS CREW _ MISSION BAY EEL GRASS BED FISHING SPOTTIE

Was fun out there charlie! IMAG0867-1.jpg
    IMAG0865-1.jpg

Got my fish today on strait worms, watching charlie slay the bass on the swimbait

5. Fomen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,836

Secondly, Plugging the same products, in CAPS, in EVERY single post is only one thing. CHEESY!

P.S. So is the below picture.

139_0066.jpg [/quote]

Dude- are you actually going to come on this board and hack on someone who posted up an awesome thread? You've only put up 4 posts since you've registered on this forum. Maybe you should be a little less critical and a little more logical. People advertise what they're passionate about. People who like tattoos get them all over their body. People who are activists usually plaster their crappy cars with political bumper stickers. People who fish advertise the products that work for them. Have you ever used any of those products? I have a few Okuma reels. I think they make a pretty good product. No complaints. And I've got nothing but praise for Uni Butter. That stuff is tried and true. I guess what I'm saying is this was HIS thread. He posted up his day for others to read and enjoy- to share his experience with the other contributors on this board. He didn't post it to be nitpicked by some noob for something as lame as an opinion on how YOU think he should write and what he should place emphasis on. You patronize him in the beginning of your reply, then you hijack his thread and bash him for something that has nothing to do with why he even posted the thread in the first place. How about, "Great thread, and great job out there. You really slayed the bass. Thank you for EDUCATING ME on what WORKS and what the fish are BITING ON right now so if I decide to fish Mission Bay I won't get SKUNKED!"

6. cornfed

cornfed Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6

Well said, Fomen. I don't know how much experience he has fishing the bay, but I've found these guys' posts very helpful.

7. nchristilaw

nchristilaw Active Member

Ratings:
    +0

I also applaud these young men in their use of correct grammar and emphasis where they feel necessary. So many youth type/write as though they are texting, which is not only irritating but a sign of immaturity. Keep giving your reports and plug what you want. Lastly,kids that fish and hunt are not normally the ones on the street getting into trouble. Keep the reports coming, my 12 year old son saves his allowance to buy lures he reads about on this forum.

8. cornfed

Ratings:
    +6

See, these guys are role models in a way. I bet nchristilaw's son looks forward to reports from these guys, so he can go out and try to replicate their success. Great job, passing down a fishing tradition.

9. AlwazeFishing

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +29

Definetley not role models or anything of that sort, just a couple of friends tryin to get some bass, and enjoying every cast we get in.

@ nchristilaw- Would you son wanna fish with me this weekend early for some more spotties?

10. Be Kay

Be Kay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7

Nice work fellas! That color was $$ for me as well this weekend in the big bay. Went 8-10 casts at one point with that color, farming the other 2.

Frank makes a great bait they hold up well!

11. cornfed

Ratings:
    +6

12. mick

Staff Member SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +197

I have to concur. I enjoy reading the posts and all the different ways you gain access to fishing. You are very creative and proof you don't need a high dollar boat to get out and catch fish. Keep the reports coming.

mick

13. Charlie Saraspe

Ratings:
    +0

I would like to thank you for all of these wonderful comments and the back up from our supporters. Fomen, that was great and I appreciate it to the FULLEST! Myself and the guys like fishing and having a good time, thats all. We were just trying to help other guys out with fishing by telling them our rigs and setups. Thank you guys, its very much appreciated!

14. nchristilaw

nchristilaw Active Member

Ratings:
    +0

I think he would love that, we had paintball planned, but fishing is always preferred. I'll PM you later in the week to see if he wants to roll.