SDGE - BOHICA

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chriwilson, Feb 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chriwilson

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,066
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  2. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,613
    Name:
    Larry M
    If both people work how can you do things before 4pm? I guess you could start everything before you leave before work.
    Glad that I went solar, the power that I generated during the day and got credit for I can run the AC in the evening and cash in on it.

3. William Ritchie

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,090
    Name:
    WjRitchie
    Boat:
    17.5 Western Wide CC
    Guess they have to extract that pound of flesh when most use the power . I have a 6 kw solar system that went on line in 2006 . guess my rebate will be lower next year . Wind doesn't care about time of day , maybe more of that type of power should be considered rather than the large solar farms currently being installed . Got to be something like the tax incentives are better for solar . Most of the wind turbine tech seems to be from outside the USA where solar is at least partially built in the USA . Another double edged sword for the consumer !

4. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,613
    Name:
    Larry M
    I'm thinking about backup batteries for when the sun goes down.
    I called a local solar company and they said that they only have the batteries for their system but are working on other systems.

5. AzImport

AzImport Living Customs Violation
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,458
    Makes me happy noone is generally home during those times. Or, rather, awake and at home during those times.

6. MaskedFisherDUDE

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +721
    I have a 6.5 kw system on my house with a powerwall in the garage. The powerwall is good for 14kwh. I can power the house and charge the powerwall during the day and run off the battery all night. I would never change a thing about it or have another system without a backup battery.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  7. weldon

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,477
    My daughter sent me a SDGE email citing a recent rebate for energy efficient A/C-heating systems. Since I got a new A/C-heater recently I clicked in, got the information and then clicked into the instructions to apply and got a blank page. Tried twice and got the same thing. Called the "Customer Service" number and after going through several prerecorded "blah, blahs" several times I then got through to a recording that said "We are experiencing a larger than..etc......hang on and you will be connected in 30 mins to a live person or submit an email." I then sent an email for instructions on how to qualify for the rebate. That was a week ago and no reply. Why do I have a feeling that they really don't want to give me a rebate. :emoji_confused:

8. Larry M

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +7,613
    Name:
    Larry M
    Had something similar happen to me. When they were doing rebates for energy efficient windows we had all of the windows changed out. I sent in the paper work and hadn't received any confirmation back. When I called them about it they said that I didn't send a header sheet. I said that I would send it but they told me that the money was used up.
    We just had a new heating and ac unit installed because of R-22 not being available in the future. I was told that there wasn't a rebate, I would be interested to find out what you find out. Mine was installed at the end of last year. Thanks.