Seeking Fishing Buddy

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by James, Mar 17, 2008.

1. James

James New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone. I thought this might be a valuable string for people who are looking for fishing partners to post and contact each other.

I'm looking to hook up with someone who's experienced in largemouth fishing, particularly the east county lakes (San Vicente, Otay, El Cap, etc.) and preferably is also a boat owner (I'd of course split fuel cost) - although fishing with anyone who has experience and is interested in imparting some wisdom to an earger learner would be great. I have all my own gear, am a good guy, own my own company and generally have my stuff together.

I am a resident and homeowner in the El Cajon/Granite Hills area. I'm 31 and have been fly fishing all over the western/northern territory US since I was about 9-10 years old, with my father. I'm very experienced in this area, but just getting started in largemouth fishing. I'll be buying a boat in the coming months, but would really enjoy meeting some friends and getting to know the fish, lakes, and people in the meantime.

My email is jaboston@cox.net. Any contacts would be great. Happy catching! - James

2. Jimmyz123

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +131
    Great having you on the boards. Welcome. I'm sure you'll be able to hook up with some guys here to learn. Any questions you might have feel free to ask. I'm sure one of us will be able to steer you in the right directions.

3. Omni

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +104
    You have a PM.

4. James

James New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the posts and PMs, guys. I really appreciate the hospitality and any help you folks can offer.

I have a general question in terms of shore fishing. In general, which of the lakes around here tend to be most conducive to reasonably productive largemouth fishing - excluding the live bait approach? San V seemed to be promising as long as you don't mind a bit of hoofing, but unless the topwater bite is working, I'm not sure how to fish it productively. I tend to just lose a lot of gear unless I'm working something middle-water-column and shallower. TR, CR, or DS senkos only seemed to break off on the bottom and the topwater stuff has been totally unproductive for me.

Any ideas or pointers? Thanks again, guys - JB

5. Phattyboy

Phattyboy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    James. If you want the best shore fishing you cannot pass on the experiance at Loveland! It is the best hands down for shore.....you won't be dissapointed. It is open everyday and it is FREE! Now how can you beat that?

I will send you a PM for the back seat in my boat. I have had the privilege of fishing with a few new guys as of late, Duffs, and SDfishkidd (i think?) and i have had some great fun! Thanks again guy! You are always welcome...

If anyone else wants in you can message me.

6. James

James New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll for sure check out Loveland. I'm thinking Jennings might be a good bet too, given it'll be open seven days here soon and probably isn't getting as much pressure as some other lakes.? We'll see, I guess.

Thanks again for the ideas. - JB

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Every now and then I'm lookin for someone to hop in the back of my boat so if anyone wants to leave a p.m. with a little info, name number I'll get in touch next time I need someone.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Every now and then I'm lookin for someone to hop in the back of my boat so if anyone wants to leave a p.m. with a little info, name number I'll get in touch next time I need someone.

9. fishindad

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,711
    Sweetwater also has excellant shore fishing as well as Loveland as both of those lakes are linked B)