Seminar with Bill Hokstad aka Lawman

Discussion in 'Bay Fishing' started by dj thrillz, Sep 3, 2019.

1. fishboy92

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,430
    I was on a different user name back in the days and as a regular guest going in and out. Trust me I know

2. fishboy92

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,430
    Guys like Maxmus aka Max V , rza007, Shishkabab, can all vouch for me back in time. I kind of find it funny that you took the time to dig me up in the past to see how long I been on here for with this username hahahah. Makes me feel special lol. And to each his own again I think Lawman was a great guy, and I'll say it again dude knew his stuff!!! That's just my 411 on dude then again I did fished with him twice... But either way Fomen I respect your thoughts on him, and I have my beliefs. I would never in my life have an angler make me loose sleep over his or her words on the forums just saying ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. SurfHooks

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +330
    LOL, I told him to put away his flame thrower away once. He blew a lid. So funny, so triggered!

I said it way back then and I will say it again. SD Fish is a business. He was running people off which is bad for business. Less clicks = Less $$ pure and simple. No doubt about he was the biggest tool SD Fish every had.

Do you think a restaurant owner would let some dude run around the place telling everybody there dumb and the food sucks and there eating it wrong. That's what he did. Kicking him off was a business decision.

I think it actually was dumb decision to kick him out. He was writing a a lot of free content for Kellen. You take a guy like that and give him his own section with a disclaimer. Make him the side show he is and was. Enter at your own risk so to speak. People rubber neck car wrecks all the time because we are curious. The best part of the circus is the clowns. Left free to roam in SD fish he was bad for business, give him his own section and it would have been gold.

How many of you would log in to see what ludicrous off the wall arrogant thing he had to say on a daily basis. Then you could enter the ring if you felt so inclined. Pure entertainment I tell ya. It was a side show.

I miss the internet big guy/real life little guy...LOL BLB BLB BLB!

The one thing I absolutely agreed with him about is that he was a below average fisherman. That is an absolute fact jack. He said it all the time, for him it was a passive aggressive thing that he did not believe, for me it was truth.

He is reading this thread you can believe that too. Its killing him that he cant respond but he wont. He is a disciplined lawyer and once he was out he will stay out. Hi Lawman - do you still carry around the picture of the biggest spotted bay bass I let you see?

This was from an old bet, its in the archives if you care to find it. He didn't win the bet but I showed him the picture anyway. I think all he had to do was play nice for 2 whole weeks. He failed. The picture was private messaged and he is not ever aloud to ever show it to anybody but it exists. The difference is I know I caught it and never had the need to show it. He couldn't believe that I would not post a pic of such a large spotty. If your digging through the posts and you come across my ode to Lawman in the style of Dr Suess, well enjoy it. So many fun memories. :emoji_cry:

PS. Lawman loved The PS! Also If you brought Lawman back to the sand box than Paul the great might come back and play again. I miss him as well...

PSS. I feel like this thread has brought some people together, I've sparred with many of the guys posting on this thread and perhaps you still have no love for me but one thing we have in common is our feelings for the LawDawg. Also, kind of glad the Lounge is dead it was starting to get a little dark there for a bit.

#43 SurfHooks, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. dj thrillz

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +14,382
    Man I’m almost sorry I even brought up his name again lol. It was just a seminar that I was informing people about, wasn’t really to re-light a flame of tension. Bill really is a good guy, and it’s sad that his way around the forum was a complete 180 from his true person. I guess he was just one of those guys who liked getting a rise out of people online, he sure wouldn’t say that to anyone’s face. I’ve had a few disagreements with him, but not once did anything negative come up in person. I’m sorry(for him) to anyone who’s had negative exchanges with him. He gave me his angler evolution speech, I let him know I wasn’t buying it and that I do my own thing, and he’s respected it. I told him his need for moving water is not really true, then showed him where the fish were at slack. Fished with him a dozen times on his boat, nothing but good times. Again sorry for the unexpected drama.

5. SurfHooks

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +330
    You dont need to be sorry at all, This was a fun trip down memory lane for many old timers here. Look the guy had an impact for better or worse otherwise we would not be talking about it. That alone is why he should be invited back and given his own section.

"I guess he was just one of those guys who liked getting a rise out of people online, he sure wouldn’t say that to anyone’s face."

The above statement is pretty spot on, I will let everyone else decide what kind of person that makes him.

6. Fomen

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,952
    LOL. I didn't dig you up. It says next to your avatar that you joined April 2, 2013.

I agree with you wholeheartedly about allowing people to have their own set of beliefs. I don't always agree with people, but it's usually regarding deeper issues than fishing. I've learned over the years of posting on this website that arguing on the internet just robs me of energy that I could be using for more productive activities. I'm as opinionated as the next guy. But over the years I've learned the art of being wrong, and stepping away from "no win" confrontations. Like I said earlier, I'd rather be happy than right.

#46 Fomen, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Fat Spottie

Fat Spottie Evolved Pinhead
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,568
    Name:
    None Either
    Boat:
    Hobie PA-14
    You know it’s funny I’m just getting to this thread now but I had the exact same conversation about being a Werfless antithesis with mr coach

8. Fat Spottie

Fat Spottie Evolved Pinhead
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,568
    Name:
    None Either
    Boat:
    Hobie PA-14
    Now this has devolved into a true dik measuring competition, THATS WHAT IM TAKING ABOUT BOYS! Unfortunately as I have nothing to add and will be taking length away from the competition because of so, I shall let the egos grow.