Shades of Bubba?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Creek, May 21, 2021.

1. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +16,749
  2. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,011
    I imagine this is not funny to a person of color......so is this thread to keep us aware of stuff going on in our country? Things associated with hanging seem don't seem to be a very pleasant thing.
    You posted this so how does it affect you?

#2 VinnyBass, May 21, 2021
    Last edited: May 22, 2021
  3. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +19,926
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    just a matter of time before we find out its just more BS...like bubbas garage pull "noose"

4. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,011
    Thanks Dano

5. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +19,926
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    u r welcome

6. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +16,749
    Its not meant to be funny, Vinny. Do you think the noose narratives are funny? I certainly dont. Here's how noose stories affect me - I think they're tragic. Who do you suppose coulda' done it, Vinny? A white person? A white group? Supremacists? Politicians? A biased media? Amazon themselves to gain favor of a largely torn community? Another set-up by our government? Some out-of-work stiff hired by a ghost named "Lynch" and paid a few thousand dollars to specifically to hang several ropes at some construction site? And the result? A nationally dispersed story printed and aired with gusto to obtain likes, views and fan the public flames.

So another noose story that took over the #1 spot and bumped all the other tired BS stories down a notch. And I dont know how other people are reacting to it Vinny because I haven't bothered to ask anyone. I could assume most of the people I know would roll their eyes and wait for the next racism story that will surely grace tomorrow's headlines. Seriously, at this point I'm just waiting for someone to accidentally chance upon a box full of white robes and pointy white hats ironically addressed to some famous Republican.

Anything "noose" is a guaranteed attention getter - and it affects me because above all else, I consider myself to be a decent, law-abiding citizen. And as a citizen, it pizzes me off royally to know that legit or not, this is the direction a select group, person or persons are steering this country. And the media - our wonderful, honest media. If its juicy and worthy, the media is typically all over it - and this is juicy. Media is foaming at the mouth as they wait for (or create) the next front page headline so that the racism narrative is kept alive. Why racism? Because it works so well. No one ever admits to it and everyone is always interested in it. It's quietly kept - almost taboo. Constantly hammering racism keeps everyone on the edge of their seats and their heads on a swivel. Do you believe that Vinny? Do you believe that mainstream media, politicians and giant corporations influence the temperature of racism? Because that's what this is all about - keeping the racism narrative alive - keeping the pot stirred - from both sides - because it works so well.

Time to wake up and stop pretending. Clearly, racism drives all sides of America. And many Americans and American influences want that drive to last as many miles as they can get out of it.

pot2.gif

#6 Creek, May 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +19,926
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352
    stirring up shit.jpg

8. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,011
    "Here we go again. Whatever works".
    That is your quote so nothing in there saying this is a sad thing or you think it is tragic.
    Is any of that apparent of that in your quote, "Here we go again. Whatever works"? Not a thing and it is easy to come up with a whole scenario afterwords like you should have known all along what I was thinking, but why did you not say it in the beginning rather than after that took 14 hours later to respond to my comment?. It just sounded like from your perspective this is another type of BS story to caught racial tension. There is nothing wrong with that if that is the way you feel. The media jumps on this and I agree with you that it can cause more problems that good. Hopefully somebody will get to the bottom of this. Please don't try to give me a lecture afterwords on any of your real feeling about the matter when nothing is explained with "Here we go again. Whatever works" on how you started your thread.

#8 VinnyBass, May 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,011
    I always expect a perfect little meme from you always right behind creek....ha ha. Good one I am impressed!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +16,749
    Uh.. because I was in bed asleep?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +16,749
    "Whatever works." It piqued your attention, didnt it? You're here arent you?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,011
    Sorry that was kind of a stretch out there .
    “My Bad!!”
    I should not have put that in because obviously people have to sleep.... even you. :). My apologies

13. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +19,926
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352

hey, I am only thinking of you, I know how much you love memes thumbsup.jpeg

14. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,011
    I probably wouldn’t even of responded to your thread if you expressed your feelings like in your response to me. Sometimes it’s hard to figure out what someone is trying to point out when there’s not a lot of information.
    Anyway hope you have a good day..: I’m at IHOP enjoying breakfast with Deb. :)

#14 VinnyBass, May 22, 2021
  15. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +16,749
    Jesus.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,011
    Rock on! :)

17. VinnyBass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +20,011
    Jesus.....loves you. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. dmorgan3

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,969
    Sometimes an uni knot is called a hangman's knot although a hangman's knot is usually understood to be a different knot.

Learn to tie a hangman's knot.

A true hangman's knot is OK for mono and FC, not so good for braid (might be with more turns though or if the line was passed thru the eye 2X).
    Hangman’s Knot Tying Instructions and Strength Charts

Some people are just into knots (not that I would know anything about that). Still, hanging a noose from a beam is in very bad taste at minimum.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  19. hookemdano

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +19,926
    Boat:
    1997 Trophy 2352

jesus spackle.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  20. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +16,749
    To help, I suppose what I'm saying Vinny is why does every racist act have to be so front and center in the media? Why aren't they simply investigated and prosecuted when found legitimate? Why does the media jump all over them? Because America is intrigued by all of it. Because somewhere up high - way high above the likes of you and me - are people whose job it is to make sure that this kind of stuff remains front and center. Attention, focus and created money. Bad or good - and I can only see it as bad, this is the kind of stuff that constantly (and in my mind intentionally) steers America into the ground.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List