Shelter Island with Woody

Discussion in 'Float Tubing' started by Creek, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,014
    Met the Captain at SI this morning under some overcast skies that made for a gorgeous sunrise. Water temp was 71 and clarity was fairly decent. Tide was inbound at a fair clip, and was tough to kick into. Did I mention how gorgeous the sunrise was? A few pics below for my personal cred on this website...

Sunrise2.JPG

Sunrise3.JPG

So I made this plan to drag a 7wt today. And the only reason I chose the 7 is because of all the big tugs and runs I've been getting as of late. And as I know deep in my heart, nothing ever goes according to plan. My fish count was dismal at 13 total.. 2 juvenile Halibut and the rest cookie cutter Spotties. And I guess I could change my count to 14 if you include the beautiful Mantis Shrimp that was hanging on to my Crazydad. Got him to the surface and he shook loose. Good thing too, because I had no idea whatsoever how I was going to get him off the hook.

Had a sweet little Dolphin run past and around us. I assume it was one of the Navy's because one of their speed boats (the ones driven and manned by the millennials) kept close by him. But it was very cool. He went by me maybe 15' away and I wish I could have reached out and touched him. Beautiful.

Had another furbag do a drive-by on us. So sick of those things. To their credit I haven't been assaulted by one yet, but I know it's coming.

Furbag.JPG

Got a few decent pics of Woody. Even got one of him dragging line off a second rod. I'm sorry Woody, but to me that looked silly as all get out. But I guess you never know what might happen until you try, right? I would have been blown away had you taken something off the surface like a Corvina or big Bone.

Seem to be having some issues posting pics all of a sudden so this may get cut short. No idea whats going on. The first three came on just fine.. now my computer just sits and thinks and wont add pics as I click on them. Great. And getting on the SDF website now takes forever. This is no bueno.

Woody1.JPG

Woody2.JPG

View attachment 120429

#1 Creek, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  2. Neuroshima

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,028
    Great pics!

3. captwoody

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,674
    Name:
    Woody
    Boat:
    19ft Kencraft
    2 rods didn't help for my whopping 6 fish but the current made for a great workout. looked at the fish numbers when I got back they were dismal so they were right today. hope their wrong tomorrow at tidelands

4. captwoody

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,674
    Name:
    Woody
    Boat:
    19ft Kencraft
    Dinc pics 0917190807.jpg 0917190713.jpg

5. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings: