Buying Shimano colt sniper stickbait 140mm Green Mackerel

Discussion in 'Fishing Tackle & Gear for Sale/Wanted/Trade' started by ageorge619, Mar 16, 2021.

1. ageorge619

ageorge619 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looking to buy a 140mm size shimano colt sniper stick bait in green mackerel color. New or used is fine but will be priced accordingly.

If you have one in your box and not using it here’s your chance to get rid of it and get some money back. Only looking for this specific bait so no need for other offers please. Thank you in advance and hopefully someone local has one they can sell me. Thanks.

2. Chriwilson

Chriwilson I'm your Huckleberry ...
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,312
    Boat:
    Nunya
    These work seriously well on the slide in Bone or Sardine.
    I'd check ECBT or Seaforth locally...

3. Noms

Noms Dirty taco maker
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,201
    Name:
    Angel
    Boat:
    15 gregor tin can
    Saw a few at fishermen's landing and angler's choice.
    Also found these reasonably priced at angler's Arsenal.
    PXL_20210316_212906410.jpg PXL_20210316_212854153.jpg

4. A-Train

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +853
    Name:
    Alex
    what is the recommended procedure for fishing the stick bait on the slide without being an A-hole? I’ve heard of freespooling a swim bait after a troll strike, but with the stick bait do you cast out perpendicular to the boat after the troll strike? Say there aren’t any trollers out and the captain calls for heavy chum, can you wing it out into where he’s throwing bait?

5. Chriwilson

Chriwilson I'm your Huckleberry ...
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +6,312
    Boat:
    Nunya
    :emoji_call_me:
    What works best for me is to drop in center stern, right between trollers 2 and 3 during the jig strike...
    :emoji_call_me:

Ok seriously, you have to pay attention as each trip and load is different and you've got to be at the ready. You'll find anglers that have a dislike for this method, others will do anything they can to be first in. Watch out for them...
    Personally, I've had good success using the 140mm coltsniper sticks as well as the 5” Savage Gear Mack sticks. Both of these are roughly 2oz, so no need to cast. Make sure you're clear of the trollers and drop in off the side with a little tension on the spool.

It's a quick evolution. Get it out there and retrieve it back while all the flyliners are heading to the rail.
    If you're not bit, swap for your bait stick or head towards the bow to cast out...

#5 Chriwilson, Mar 16, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2021