Shore Pounders Winter Series Sessions 1&2

Discussion in 'Bay Fishing' started by dj thrillz, Dec 2, 2018.

1. dj thrillz

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +14,039
    As I mentioned earlier, I’m going to squeeze in our first two sessions this month, but there is going to be a slight change for the daytime session. For both these two sessions we will meet at our night time spot, and I will sign you in, and you can fish wherever you want. I have an extremely difficult weekend schedule this month as I am trying to pack up and move out of my current place by January 7th. I figured I can sign everyone in and get back to packing, then meet at the end. This will only be the case this one time for the day session, January we’ll go back to normal. These two sessions will be just about right on top of each other. Session one will be Friday, December 21st from 7pm-11pm and session two will be on Sunday, December 23rd from 7am-11am. Again for both of these sessions we will meet here:
    BA348CEA-69DA-40D6-91D3-7F99B08D44DB.jpeg
    D59BA111-189F-4EB1-9C84-29CA73FCB8C0.jpeg

I will be where the yellow dot is on the second map to sign you in 30 minutes before the start time, but I will only stay 15 minutes after before taking off.

As far as the contests go, there are season long contests for biggest bass, smallest bass, biggest corvina, and biggest yellowfin croaker. We will have the biggest bass of the session contest, and of course the halibut contest. The season long contests are $5 to enter and payout three places, the halibut contest is progressive, the first month of the season is $1 to enter, if that contest was not won then the following month it goes to $2, and the third month $3.... it’s the only contest you have to pay each session to enter. That’s how the pot builds up.

The session bass contest, is for biggest bass of the day/night. The entry fee for this is a brand new pack of plastics, jigheads, something bass fishing related with an approximate value of $4-$6, everything gets put together and biggest bass of the session takes all the goodies. Ties split the stash!

Biggest bass of the season must be at least 14” to qualify. Biggest bass of the session have no size limit. Smallest bass obviously have no size limit. Corvina and yellowfin croaker have no size limit. The halibut contest.... the first legal halibut sent to my phone during Shore Pounders will win the jackpot. 22” minimum size limit.

If you enter any contests, you will be given a photo object once you sign in. You must include this object in the pics you take along with a legible, accurate tape measurement. You will then text your photos to me so that I can keep track of the leaderboard. Keep in mind I am the only judge. What my eyes see is what the final measurement will be.

Also, I’ve been thinking about measurements over the last few Shore Pounders events. There have been some close calls and tough decision making due to the type of measurement devices being used. I want to get away from the vinyl tape that gets rolled up and comes out curved and wrinkled during the measuring. From this point forward I’ll only accept fish pics with retractable measurement devices, hard rulers, and hawg troughs(preferred). Some form of rigid tape measurement device. I know some of you find it convenient to have the vinyl style tape, but I’ve ran into too many disagreements with contestants because their wrinkled measurement reveals a longer reading than it actually is, and when I post a number they don’t like it. I will not name any names, but this is what’s going to happen and that’s that. Walmart has retractable tapes for a buck.... they have belt clips.... they are 2.5”x2.5”.... best of all the tape lies flat, unwrinkled. I’m going to by several of them, and if you need to borrow one or want to buy one, no prob. Please pay attention to this, because I’d hate to toss out someone’s 18” bass for using the wrong tape. If you’re not sure about a certain tape device being accepted, bring it to me so I can make that determination. If it’s not I’ll let you use one of mine.

Ok rant over.

If you just want to come out and chat, or fish but not enter the contests, nothing wrong with that. If you want to join in on the contests, you must have a SD Fish account with your own screen name. So if you wanna bring your three buddies, they need to become members before they can enter any contests. There will be events where you can bring whoever, but the normal Shore Pounders contests are for SD Fish members only.

I will go over everything with you at sign in, or you can always pm me beforehand.
    No need to sign up for either of these first two sessions, just show up. Session one I will be around all night, but session two I will only be ther for sign in, and then again at the end of the session for results.

P.S. If anyone has or knows of someone with a 4 bdrm place for rent please pm me. Running out of time and things are getting stressful. Life.

2. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +38,843
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Do em in! Let's go!

3. Fat Spottie

Fat Spottie Evolved Pinhead
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,155
    Name:
    None Either
    Boat:
    Hobie PA-14
    Blehhhh

4. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +38,843
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Your status line.. hahahaha

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. AzImport

AzImport Living Customs Violation
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,459
    I'll be there for the nighttime one for sure!

6. flyfishinsteve64

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,058
    Boat:
    2017Crestliner VT-17
    Looks like I'm off work both those days. Now if the work doesn't offer me stupid money to come in or the wife doesn't plan a Christmas dinner I'm in.

I think I can do this. Watch out Werfless I coming to get the money!:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +38,843
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Hate to say, this is the first season I have put up a first place finish in any category, I think. I have won second place in largest and smallest, dunno of I have ever had a first place in either, lol

8. Vito1023

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,999
    I’m in, for Sunday
    So werfless got the money on the largest Spottie, that’s so perfect seeing that he hates Spotties, so classic, HaHa

9. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +38,843
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Don't mind spotties so much.. sandies either.. those other things, that's straight up hatred, maybe mixed with a little fear, lol

10. K-Bo Smack

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,556
    Name:
    Keath
    Will not be able to join the party for either of these sessions... :emoji_poop:

My wife's birthday is right in the middle (22-Dec) and if any of you have a family members with birthdays right around Christmas you probably know it's pretty important to NOT lump the two together!!

I'll pony up for the session contests at #3. Good luck to all those that can make these first 2!

11. Onehanded_angler

Ratings:
    +7
    Sounds like fun. It'll be my first time joining you guy's but I'll be there.

12. Fat Spottie

Fat Spottie Evolved Pinhead
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +9,155
    Name:
    None Either
    Boat:
    Hobie PA-14
    Welcome to the party!

13. Onehanded_angler

Ratings:
    +7
    Unfortunately I'm not from San Diego so finding new spots to fish is great. Not having to head out to the L.A. and Long Beach areas and sitting in traffic on my ride home is gonna be nice.

14. dj thrillz

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +14,039
    Sounds more fortunate than unfortunate!

15. Chriwilson

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,066
    Don’t think I can stay the whole day session, but I’ll stop out and shoot the breeze at check in, add to the session kitty, and I dunno maybe bring some donuts ?...

16. dj thrillz

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +14,039
    If you’re not fishing JUST BRING THE DONUTS!!! :)

Lol, very nice of ya, thanks!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  17. flyfishinsteve64

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,058
    Boat:
    2017Crestliner VT-17
    I'm out on the 23rd. overtime we will see about the 21st.

18. K-Bo Smack

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,556
    Name:
    Keath
    I'm tentatively back in for the 23rd. If I can convince my associate - Chukie to wake up before 11:00 there will be 2 of us attending.

19. camobass

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,113
    Boat:
    It floats
    I should be in on the night time one but I can’t do sundays anymore

20. Bobber

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,552
    I want to attend both. Wanting and doing are two different things. I'll make it if being down at the beach works out.

I'd like to meet or beat my football catch.