Small Tip Top Locally

Discussion in 'Rod Building & Repair' started by ol dirty basser, Aug 7, 2017.

1. ol dirty basser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +40
    I'm looking for a Fuji Alconite tip top, small freshwater size. Forget the exact size in 64ths, but it's about a 2mm tube and a size 6 ring. Does anybody know where I can possibly find one locally? I'll probably check Squidco but I'm afraid it's smaller than what they carry. I don't need 100% verification that a place has the exact one I need, I'd be happy with a suggestion of who "probably" would have one.

I can easily find one online but I hate paying 7 bucks to ship a $3 item.

Thanks in advance.

2. GutHooKeD

GutHooKeD The Cashmere Panda, AKA the Bamboo Boss...
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,698
    Name:
    Keith
    Boat:
    14ft skiff
    Maybe East County B&T, Lakeside B&T, maybe Pacific Coast B&T in Oside, they all have custom rod builders on staff and might be able to sell you what you need. Or you can go on mudhole.com and order a bunch of stuff to make the 7 dollar shipping worth it. Squidco has guides and tips, but i don't know if they specifically have the alconite ones. They might be able to order it for you too. Bring the rod with you when you when you go

3. ol dirty basser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +40
    Thanks. I just got a batch of stuff from Mudhole a couple of weeks ago, so unfortunately I don't have anything to add.

4. JTrelikes

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +491
    Pretty certain they have exactly what you want at Lakeside Bait and Tackle. Give them a call if you need to make sure...... 619-443-3859

5. ol dirty basser

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +40
    Thank you. I went to Squidco and they are supposed to have it, but they were out. I picked up a cheaper one to get me by temporarily. I will replace it later when it's convenient. Maybe I'll check Lakeside if I'm going to be in the area.

By the way Jim, your builds are unbelievable! So inspiring.