So glad its over

Discussion in 'Lobster Fishing' started by Lawman, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Lawman

Lawman Attorney at Law
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +418
    Boat:
    CC
    Lobster season is a pain. All the ropes and buoys make for hazards traveling near shore. I certainly don't miss all the angry hoop-netters on the Zuniga Jetty while I fish it at night or the maze they create in SD Bay at night with many right in the main channel. Likewise Mexico follows the same basic season and I'm glad to see the lines and buoys gone from the Coronado Islands where they can be a real hazard and seriously interfere with my boiler rock style of fishing. Overall, I really have no use for meat hunters of any kind. I have evolved away from the primordial urges to harvest meat from the ocean.

2. Paul the Great

Paul the Great Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +321
    Didnt you dump your boat all by yourself, without the lobster bouys in your way? Worry more about your skills and less about what others do. You take on the responsibility that is inherent with fishing at night, during lobster season, in Mexico, at night, in the surf zone, with no visability all by yourself. Nobody forces you to do it. Whos the unevolved caveman?

If you eat meat, your a meat hunter.

Ive yet to get so high and mighty that I barge into someone elses free time and tell them to stop doing what they enjoy and only do what I enjoy.

Evolve to being a social animal who is tolerant of others interests and worry less about bragging about 1/2lb spotted bay rats.

Meat is good. I am a meat eater. I have the ability to harvest my own meat. Lobster, turkey, and halibut are in my freezer right now because I got it, all by myself, with help from nobody. Ive even got some left over elk, salmon, and crab in the chest. People enjoy eating, and they really appreciate the fruits of those labors which provide fine foods, some of which can only be obtained by the sweat off your brow, the air in your lungs, the energy in your legs, and fire in your heart.

Seasons never are really over, life goes on all season. Come october I will pursue lobsters again with skills learned from trial and error, with a passion, with a desire to cook great meals made with meat from which I obtained with my bare hands.

Recently I put my bare hand on a warm fresh dead turkeys neck. There is still something very primative and real inside me that calls to my distant DNA that says, "I win! Tonight I eat well, and I am proud"

Like Charlie Sheen says, "WINNING!"

Cant WAIT to stick the gaff into a meat filled halibut soon.

2 more turkeys will fall at my feet in the next few weeks.

Eat that meat boys, eat it up.

3. Lawman

Lawman Attorney at Law
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +418
    Boat:
    CC
    To Paul: Its abundantly clear you are indulging your primordial urges to the fullest extent. Feel free. I'm not stopping you. Cavemen have their place in our society. However, I don't have to tolerate you. I loath meat hunters who rape and pillage our natural resources in the ocean for nothing more than an ego meal. Since I don't hunt, feel emboldened to kill Birds, Deer, Pigs and other land animals if that's what satisfies those primordial urges. I don't eat lobster, so I don't care if you kill them all. I just find you are nuisance in the way of the pursuit of sporting activities for those of us who have evolved. Since you don't target Calico Bass, you don't constitute a threat to the fish I enjoy catching. When all the Halibut are gone, I won't miss them. Stay hungry my man.

4. Paul the Great

Ratings:
    +321
    Not to Lawman:
    Arrogant *****s have their place in society also.

Evolve to tolerate, not for me, but for your Jesus. He watches what you type, you know. You made Jesus sad when you call names and loath people. Jesus made all those cavemen.

Cavemen do not exsist. They were mearly a link in the evolutionary chain that your Jesus did not create. Cavemen have expired. The DNA is still inside of us, however. You even have it. When you feel happy right when a kelp bluegill bites, its because your DNA programming is telling you that your gonna get to eat, and live another day. Same with creating babies. It feels good so you want to keep doing it, because evolution made it that way so the speicies of humans can go on.

Our natural resources are renewable. If no calico bass was ever caught by a man and killed, they would still die from disease, other preditors, or other reasons. Many ecosystems benifit from "thinning the herd". Man survives by eating food. You cant survive without eating food. Not even if you pray. God wont save you, food will.

People often donate blood. A small portion is taken out and given to others to save lives. You dont die. Your body makes more blood. Fills up your veins, and quits making blood. When old blood is used up and dies, new blood is made. Same with eating a few lobsters. More will fill in nitches. If all the blood comes out of the body, the body dies. We dont take all the blood, we dont take all the lobsters. Even a caveman understands this simple science.

Turkeys were ONLY stocked here FOR HUNTING. That is the soul reason, none other. I killed another one today. I said I would, and I finished the job.

Elk, deer, and all big game are at all time highs in regards to carring capacities overall. From 1840 to 1930, the animals suffered and almost fell off the face of the earth. HUNTERS brought them back. We established solid sciene, seasons, and game managment tactics to ensure reliable animal stocks, and to this day, we are allowed to hunt animals as the resource allows under reasonable game laws.

Pigs are not indiginous to california, or the USA, so who cares if they are all killed. Pigs just happen to be made out of a special meat candy. This candy is called bacon, and everyone but Jews LOVE bacon. Thank God for bacon.

You see calico bass as a ego sport. One you can continualy reafferm that you are indeed apt at capturing your own meal, all by yourself, with your own skills using rubber lures and metal hooks. You choose to let them all go. I do to. Ive never eaten a calico bass or largemouth bass, because they are not made for eating, they are made for catching. They are gross little rats. Thats why restaraunts dont serve them.

I dont eat trout from the mountains because they are just for entertainment. I dont eat trout from lakes down here because they taste like muddy moss.

Raping and pillaging the ocean? Sure buddy, this is what I do. I go out with a giant net and string it from Cabo to Hawaii and then to Japan and up to Alaska then hoop net the pacific and then dump them in the Arizona desert.

I have yet to eat a halibut I caught this year. Ive released 18 halibut over 22" this year all ready.

The last hoop netting session, we caught over 30 legal lobsters and kept 3 each. 9 total. Could have kept 21. Culling is what its called. Its when a meat hunter passes on the majority of meals in hopes of bringing home a few big giants.

You gotta get your old fasion close-minded brain around these newly evolved concepts like: TOLERANCE. You dont have to, you can keep having temper tantrums on a LOBSTER catching forum.

We dont enjoy fishing the same, but at least we both enjoy bashing others online. We are more alike than different.

You dont hunt because you have yet to evolve those skills. Once you go hunting, fishing is second. Hunting is better. Plus your too old and out of shape to do the kind of hunting I do. Mine includes sweat and blood and hard physical work, none of which your acustom to. Stick to sitting in your boat with a worm waiting for a nibble.

Disclamer: I consider Lawman a friend. Yes, this is how I treat my friends. At work, its the same, we make fun of people and tear them down. At home, I make fun of my wife and kids. Sometimes I make them cry and it makes me feel good. I make others feel bad so I feel good. Is that bad?

Paul the Great

5. Lawman

Lawman Attorney at Law
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +418
    Boat:
    CC
    To Paul : Dude, I love you. I just abhor your lifestyle. So when do I get to eat some of this bounty you have stored up in the freeze?. I'm expecting an invite to me and my wife for a feast.

6. Paul the Great

Ratings:
    +321
    Your post starts out with belly aching that you dont like angery hoop netters, you hate bouys, ropes, and meat hunters. Only true gentlemen like yourself should partake in the grand sport of fishing due to the fact that you only hurt and mame fish for your pleasure. As it should only be allowed to hook calico bass and all other fish, game, and methods are good for nothing hillbilly redneck hobbies. So what time is dinner? You dont like lobster, or halibut, or anything I kill, and Im not serving baby food or maccaroni and cheese or peanut butter and jelly.

As always, Im 100% willing to show you or anyone else how to catch fish. You can attest to the fact that the only time I called you over to the "hot spot", I was hooked up with everyone in my boat, and you and your armada that soon followed were also all hooked up with in minutes. I catch fish.

I owe you a halibut trip, so you can take me up on that whenever you want. The bad news is that I may be gaffing one of your fish if its in the 20lb range. There is a good chance that you might get blood on your Calvin Klien jeans and Rolex watch as it hits the deck.

Big or small, kill em all.
    If its brown, its down.
    If it flies, it dies.
    Fur, feathers, fins, they all fry fabulous.

Paul the Great

7. Lord Matthew34

Lord Matthew34 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3
    How did I ever miss this jewel of a thread? :D

8. Nute

Nute Researcher...
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +4,085
    yea, really, I wish I had popcorn. I wonder what the two of you guys could have done instead of writing all those posts? I'm on team jacob by the way.....

9. Rush Hour 2

Rush Hour 2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Boat:
    2004 bayliner 195
    Dang Lawman! :)

10. FISHSTICKER

FISHSTICKER Active Member

Ratings:
    +0

Best Lawman burn in recent history :lol:

11. SurfHooks

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +578
    I seem to remember a bunch of dead Calicos in the back of your boat. Perhaps you did not hunt those though. I was not there so I can’t be sure. Maybe they were farm raised somewhere in Iowa and "processed" and not hunted.

Perhaps you only like meat which is in tube form. Did you make Calico Dogs out of your Farm raised processed dead bass?

You have evolved so I know the dead bass in the back of your boat was some sort of government conspiracy. That’s right that could have never happened. You would never and I mean never kill a fish. What was I thinking Lawman I am so sorry to doubt you. You are not a hypocrite or an uber kook.

12. Largemouth

Largemouth Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Lawman & Paul the great,
    Excellant thread! I rarely laugh outloud when reading sdfish.
    In my opinon, you both have excellent point of views.