So much water and so little time

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by otay michael, Nov 16, 2019.

1. otay michael

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +5,189
    Almost every day I spend walking around a port here in Spain. See a lot of big fish swimming around under some of the boats/yachts. No idea what they are and I would like to go after them, but I’ve got no fishing pole, just camera gear. Will try to get out of the lakes and catch a bass, that’ll be a small miracle. My fishing gear wouldn’t fit into the small luggage I had to bring, my bigger suitcase broke !!! Two more weeks working here.

68F9F86A-6BBE-4567-8600-42489020B013.jpeg

A7A4CD97-6E3B-4A91-AFF5-357DA4B2CB1C.jpeg

2. Creek

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +8,539
    Its a crying shame that you didnt have the ability to bring along a packable rod, reel, etc. For flyfishermen, it's all about 4pc to 7pc fly rods in the fly fishing industry now - I have no clue about anything conventional, but I assume your rod manufacturers make them (?). In the 80's fly fishermen started griping and moaning so much that rod makers finally stood up and took notice. Everything I use now is 4pc for the salt.. I have no needs for true 5-7pc packable fly rods (for places like the Sierra) as I've pretty much succumbed to the fact that I'll more than likely never go backpacking again (just starting to feel old in many ways - the mind is willing, but the flesh is weak).

In lieu of fish, just get online here and show us some good pics of the area. Guys like me will more than likely never see places like Spain, so keep posting your pics. Very grateful for them. Mike

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • List
  3. Chriwilson

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +3,291
    I felt the same way when we visited Europe this last Spring, and then to see how much fishing Ike did in his recent trip to France ...

It prompted me to pick up a Daiwa Ardito for possible road trips into Baja and beyond.

https://www.daiwa.com/us/contents/rods/ardito_tr/index.html

I’d encourage everyone (myself included) to try and experience different fisheries and species...

4. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +40,372
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Uhh.. are hooks, line and bait unavailable in this world backwater? Am I confused about something? Alright then