Sorry Nick, Not Tough Day 5/12

Discussion in 'Bay Fishing' started by toddamus, May 12, 2019.

1. toddamus

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,392
    I've been slowly encouraging my dad and my twin to take up fishing. Its been a long process. Lately I've pushed things ahead abit, buying my twin a reel, Penn Battle 2500 (and Amazon accidentally sent two, so the second one went to my dad), both of them a rod, and been kind of scouting for a place in MB to take them. Its been kind of a challenge to find that place, but thanks to the people on here I landed on something that worked.

So today was the day, my dad said he wanted to go and my twin was game too. Considering they're both on the fence about this whole thing, today was an important day.

Thankfully they both hooked up, and quickly.

My twin who swears he can't catch anything hooked into two spotties and my dad got a covina, which I'm jealous of because I'm hoping to cross that off my list sometime soon. Maybe the best part for me is my twin finally had to unhook his own fish and he was kinda terrified of the spottie. He had no idea what to do despite seeing me unhook fish, and even hooking his first one earlier. I thought it was funny as hell watching him trying to hold (he didn't lip it, maybe should've) and then try to get the hook out which was in there good.

My last cast, I had something take my bait and snap my 10lb mono like it was nothing. No idea what it could've been. The line kind of exploded. It took the bait, I set the hook, and then the line snapped and made a sound that I don't think I'll forget and the line broke at the end of the last guide. Whatever it was, I think was big and just grabbed the bait and took off.

Considering we were on the water for about an hour in the afternoon and my twin who couldn't catch herpes in TJ caught two fish, good day fishing by my standards.

The day went so well my dad is now talking about meeting up and fishing after work. Before today, that wasn't even a thought or conversation. So good day on the water.

Rcn3crqJTVW0Tyhc4xwQUw.jpg

#1 toddamus, May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 16
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Werfless

Werfless The Coach ..RIP my friends
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +50,287
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Good on you man.. Well done.. Gah, damn auto correct...

#2 Werfless, May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. dj thrillz

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +16,333
    Applause!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. toddamus

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,392
    I appreciate from both you guys. I know to some on here, having family members that fish is common, and its just not in mine. Means a lot to me that I can get them into something like this. I like fishing solo, but fishing with those guys fun too.

5. Nick Arevalo

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,534
    Boat:
    None
    Seems like you guys had a nice day! My dad and I are the only ones in our family to like fishing. At least your family members are willing to try fishing. Been trying to get my mom, brother, and sister to try it out and they never want to go haha.