SP with the wife, 09.13.19

Discussion in 'Bay Fishing' started by Werfless, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Werfless

Werfless The Coach
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +40,496
    Name:
    D/Daniel/Coach/Werf
    Boat:
    One too many
    Endurance animal there for sure

2. Bassnbeans

Bassnbeans Fishical Therapist
    SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +1,947
    Had a beautiful evening and overnight out there last night. It was a little slower than my first visit in May with more small fish showing up, but still a nice, relaxing time with a vibe from a time gone by.
    Gorgeous sunset and very pleasant night time temps. The catfish were there, but the LMB wanted to get in on the act too ( I kept 2 for ya, Coach), and the carp seemed to be kind of taking over out there. We hopped around various canals for a while before settling in at a reservoir for some soakin’ time. On the move again before the sun was up and had a good time watching the valley come to life with the light of a new day.
    Got to explore some new areas and getting a better feel for the IV. My thanks to Werfless for introducing me to this place. I didn’t do as well as you, Coach (only 7 fish and 5 species), but I’m still on the learning curve and loving it! We will be back!

3. Mogambo

SDFish VIP

Ratings:
    +2,718
    Name:
    Al
    Boat:
    19 foot Sea Pro
    Glad you turned that fish loose. We depend on those to keep the canals cleared of aquatic weeds for most of the year. The IID has one of the largest hatcheries and laboratory of its kind in the country to produce the triploid grass carp. Each one carries a micro-chip that identifies it. Studies show they can gain four pounds a year eating aquatic weeds.